IGNORED

Adding extra letters to the font sets.

SlidellMan

I wanted to also know if it is possible to add accented letters (E. G.: Acute, Grave, Cedilla, Diaeresis, Macron, Breve, and Circumflex) and non-standard letters (E. G.: Æ, Ȝ, Ð, Ƕ, Œ, Ø, Þ, Ƿ, and Ʒ) to the Jaguar font? If so, how to program said letters functional?

Use the space after the lower case z.... and access them using $7b upwards - although I suspect you'd only get to $7f as $80 will fail the negative check for the termination.  Or use some of the symbols or a few of the other fairly useless glyphs.

image.thumb.png.09948b0e3e91e78b8a64f85ac108db87.png

• Like 4

Lurking (as usual) and trying to follow both the question and the answer. 

I realize I can't find the font CyranoJ posted above.  Did a search on pictures in the JagStudio folder.  Also tried to find a reference in print.bas figuring it'd load it in somewhere.

Where is this beautiful ASCII character set?

UPDATE:  Made a version myself.  Probably needs tweaking for real use.

tosfont.png

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 3/30/2021 at 3:30 AM, CyranoJ said:

Use the space after the lower case z.... and access them using $7b upwards - although I suspect you'd only get to $7f as $80 will fail the negative check for the termination.  Or use some of the symbols or a few of the other fairly useless glyphs.

image.thumb.png.09948b0e3e91e78b8a64f85ac108db87.png

Why does changing the color of any of the letters in any of the font bmp files generated cause the text to scramble? Does it not just point to that 8x8/8x16/16x16 location in the image? Top one is the original, the bottom one I changed the lower row of letters to a yellow color.
js_font_scrambled.thumb.jpg.96e12e6495e752155505b9b723573032.jpg

14 minutes ago, EmOneGarand said:

Why does changing the color of any of the letters in any of the font bmp files generated cause the text to scramble? Does it not just point to that 8x8/8x16/16x16 location in the image? Top one is the original, the bottom one I changed the lower row of letters to a yellow color.
js_font_scrambled.thumb.jpg.96e12e6495e752155505b9b723573032.jpg

Are you sure your replacement font graphic is the same size and colour depth as the original?

Edit: Also, it might not be documented at present, but the font/particle pallette is taken from the \assets\partipal.bmp graphic. So ultimately you need to update that BMP with your updated pallette.

Edited by Sporadic

Just now, Sporadic said:

Are you sure your replacement font graphic is the same size and colour depth as the original?

Only changed the red color in the Color Table in photoshop to a different color, didn't change it from indexed or alter its dimensions from 960x16, saved it as a 4bpp bmp file. I'm trying to understand how the jsfFontIndx function works since it just uses an integer to select the row in the image if I'm understanding it correctly. I thought just changing the color of the second row would make the text color change if it pointed to jsfFontIndx(1) instead it just gives me that gibberish.