IGNORED

FS: Very nice UAV modded Atari 5200 2-port console, Atarimax cart, more **SOLD**

eightbit

Very nice Atari 5200 console up for grabs. I purchased this nice unit from a member here some time ago. It was initially modded with a basic composite modification but I was looking to get a cleaner picture out of it so I sent it off to Ivory Towers and had a UAV board installed as well as s-video output. That said, the picture is absolutely stunning. It is on par (to me at least) to what you would expect via RGB. It is extremely crisp.

It comes with a custom keypad built into an Atari 5200 cartridge shell that works outstandingly well. One end plugs into the 5200, and a custom modded dogbone controller plugs into the nine pin connection on the unit. If you ever wondered how well games on this console play when used with a regular control pad now is your chance. It works GREAT. I am not sure what other controllers will work with it as I have only ever used the dogbone controller that came with the set so you would have to experiment with them.

Finally, an AtariMax SD Multicart is included with an SD card prepared to function out of the box.

The console also includes an extremely heavy duty 12 ft s-video cable and a new modern power supply. This console's audio comes out of l/r red/white audio connectors mounted on the back. It is also capable of composite video (that connector is there as well) but the picture (while doable) is nowhere near the quality of the s-video connection so that is how I would recommend hooking it up.

$375 takes this set and that includes shipping and insurance inside of the USA. Sorry for the dark pictures (this phone..ugh) and I will try to get some better pictures shortly if this does not sell before then.

PM if interested.

EDIT: Better brighter pics added ;)

**SOLD**

IMG_1548.JPG

IMG_1552.JPG

IMG_1555.JPG

IMG_1556.JPG

IMG_1557.JPG

IMG_1558.JPG

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 13

@RickR keep in mind that while it does have composite and s-video, it can no longer use the VCS adapter as all current AV mods kill that ability. I would have too look at the pics, but it might have the 4-port BIOS installed as well to make it fully compatible with all 5200 released games. I think I factory adjusted the pokey as well since that is a standard practice as part of my services.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

@RickR keep in mind that while it does have composite and s-video, it can no longer use the VCS adapter as all current AV mods kill that ability. I would have too look at the pics, but it might have the 4-port BIOS installed as well to make it fully compatible with all 5200 released games. I think I factory adjusted the pokey as well since that is a standard practice as part of my services.

It does have the 4 port bios.

• Like 1

Bump. I am willing to entertain any reasonable offer on this set.

I just don't play it much anymore. I was gung ho in getting the system again after so many years and then went all out on additional service to add more robust video output...and then purchasing the AtariMax cart. So, between just the console and the cartridge I think I spent something like $380...and that was before the UAV mod purchase.

Not that I "need" to sell it. I was recently promoted to supervisor in my department and my job have shifted from taking a little bit of my time to almost all of my time (even portions of my weekend) so now this does not get any use. I simply dust it every day, look at it for a few seconds, and move along with life. Seems such a waste to me and I just want to see it go to a home where it will get love and use....and try to at least get back a portion of my investment.

• Like 3

I can understand that. There were personnel changes at my office end of last week and it has created quite a bit of new challenges for us as well having to shift things around and balance the workload across others. I do hope it finds a good home!

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 9:33 PM, thanatos said:

Hah, so this has been in the hands of 3 Atariage members at least...  If I didn't already have a 5200, I'd probably make it as the fourth.  :D

When I built this console it was done so with a brand new motherboard and the best cosmetic condition 5200 system shell I could find. I only used it sparingly to test various games with and play a few here and there. I did a basic AV mod on it and also burned a copy of the 4 port bios to go in it for the best game compatibility. When 8bit got it he wanted a cleaner more enhanced quality image out of it than the basic AV can give (display contrast issues from the basic AV mod) so he sent it to to crossbow to get the UAV installed instead which is universally known to be the best image any atari machine can hope for. 

• Like 1