IGNORED

1200XL just sold for $531 on eBay. WHY?

ACML

The ebay listing will expire so for future reference here are the $566 XEGS photos

220032111_XEGSsoldforUS565.99wtf.thumb.jpg.38649f3f0bec33237f96315b4232c53b.jpg935839587_XEGSsoldforUS565.99wtf3.thumb.jpg.4b232233bfb583f28fc00e8bfaf6b6bf.jpg303379905_XEGSsoldforUS565.99wtf2.thumb.jpg.bddbf2e975f5228ccbd5f33a2a495881.jpg1484223613_XEGSsoldforUS565.99wtf4.thumb.jpg.b926c1cb919effb60355927df5d3570b.jpg

it's practically mint condition, includes 6 games, zapper, two slik stik joysticks and atari psu. the keyboard has new rubber domes from best electronics and it types very nicely. includes original manuals.

It's in good or very good condition but NOT mint. No grey joystick. No retail packaging. LG is included. Keyboard domes upgraded which is a nice convenience added. Low resolution photos used which is a common tactic to hide subtle details or flaws like the smoothed plastic of heavily used machines. Photos are well lit and composed. Listing text is short and to the point.

Edited by Sugarland
  • Like 2

I've seen so many of these auctions 'forgiven' and the same unit for sale later. Technically sold but refunded, or the buyer doesn't pay etc. Many months later you see the exact same serial number or case marking and it's for sale again. Sometimes they are re listed right away too. Ebay is a mess and awash with all kinds of people messing about. This a never ending glue factory topic like so many others, poor horseys aways beaten to death, beaten while dead, and eventually glue.

We seen this with all manner of auctions, sometimes the seller offers it to the next lower bidder etc... My response to them is sure if you go all they way down to where the highest bidder that didn't pay wasn't involved :)

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Sugarland said:

It's in good or very good condition but NOT mint. No grey joystick. No retail packaging. LG is included. Keyboard domes upgraded which is a nice convenience added. Low resolution photos used which is a common tactic to hide subtle details or flaws like the smoothed plastic of heavily used machines. Photos are well lit and composed. Listing text is short and to the point.

Not to mention the blue LED that's been installed in the power button on that XEGS.  In my mind, that automatically makes it non-stock, which also causes me to start wondering about any work that may have been done to it that wasn't disclosed in addition to the quality of that work.

My guess is that this is a bubble with a couple of months left to run, because by that stage all of the stimulus cheques will have been spent.

• Like 2