IGNORED

AC2011 version Doom II hack

walter_J64bit

Could a mod please let me know if it's ok to attach what is requested.

The author of the Doom 2 hacks posted a list of levels years ago.  I can't find the link where I copied this from, but here is their post:

Thanks for all the feedback about the work I did years ago.. we should really pick it up again and finish it.
In the meantime here is a list of the levels in the 2 rom versions. I did do other levels and they are in various
rom on my hard drive.

v98
Intro level
Entryway
Underhalls
The Gantlet
The Focus
The Waste Tunnels
The Crusher
Dead Simple
Tricks & Traps
Tenements
The Catacombs
The Abandoned Mines
Monster Condo

AC2011 version
Intro Level
Entryway
Underhalls
The Gantlet
The Focus
The Waste Tunnels
The Crusher
Dead Simple
Tricks & Traps
The Inmost Dens
The Courtyard
The Living End 

Edited by rayik
  • Like 1

One of the roms was bad.  I've changed the headers on both to Tursi's fast boot header and they both work.   Attached are those.

Doom 2 AC98 - ejagfescv - fastboot header.ROM Doom 2 AC2011 - fastboot header.jag

Edited by rayik
Give credit to Tursi for his makefastboot program which creates the fastboot header
  • Thanks 3

I have one of the versions on cartridge that I picked up years ago and it was great but I can't remember which it was. It came in a box with some stuff on the box all about some European Jag Festival and then I got another one that was in a Doom2 Jaguar box but both were the same game as I was hoping one was the other hack but ended up with two of the same just in different boxes...

7 minutes ago, phoboz said:

Yeah this is great, the levels look like Doom II levels.

However, is it really the Doom I engine in the bottom, because there should be a different shotgun in Doom II?

Yes it's the Jagdoom engine. The levels were modified to use only assets provided by Jagdoom and then the wad was substituted into a Jagdoom build. Adding the super shotgun requires modifying the game engine to support it. That has now been done in the Slayer Edition development. Hopefully we will get a Doom 2 port utilizing this modified engine in the future.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...