IGNORED

R-Type Final 2

So R-Type Final 2 launches at the end of this month and they released a demo on PSN and the Switch eshop. I backed the game several years ago during crowdfunding and I've been looking forward to this since then, so hopefully the game turns out to be as good as the rest of the series is. I played the initial PS4 demo at Tokyo Game Show in 2019 and I just played both of the new PS4 and Switch demos. I regret getting the Switch version instead of the PS4 version, though, as the PS4 version looks much better and it might run a bit better, as well, but it's just a demo. I suppose I still have plenty of time to go preorder one of the limited edition versions of the PS4 version on Amazon, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't this a remaster of the PS2 R-Type Final on the PS4?

It was/still is one of the best schumps on the PS2. I've had my copy ordered (Inaugural flight edition) for a long while now. Says may order is shipping May31. 

2 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

I'll have to get the Switch version if it's not on PC. I don't have a PS4/5. 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1442820/RType_Final_2/

Or, even better: https://www.gog.com/game/rtype_final_2

I forgot that there was a PC version until you mentioned it. Will probably pass on PS4 version and get the PC version instead, but I'll end up with the Switch version either way since I backed it like 3 years ago.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

Have it on preorder from Best Buy.  Looks like it comes in a special box with some stuff included for the same price as digital (which personally i think is a total rip off for 50) Can't wait for this!!!   The first one on PS3 was awesome.. (i think im thinking of the right one.. you can switch between old school and new graphics on the fly?)   

36 minutes ago, NeonSpaceBeagle said:

Have it on preorder from Best Buy.  Looks like it comes in a special box with some stuff included for the same price as digital (which personally i think is a total rip off for 50) Can't wait for this!!!   The first one on PS3 was awesome.. (i think im thinking of the right one.. you can switch between old school and new graphics on the fly?)   

R-Type Final was on PS2 not PS3.

Edited by DragonGrafx-16

1 hour ago, NeonSpaceBeagle said:

Ah, you are right!  I was thinking R Type Dimensions on ps3 which is really good.  OKay just looked up the first R Type Final for PS2, it's pretty expensive now.  Is that one good?  I actually found a lot of SHMUPS in that generation to be kind of subpar.

Expensive? I got my copy for like $25. That's cheap for a shmup.

Ok, I'm a bit confused... is the xboxone version a physical release?

I originally ordered the PS4 Version. Canceled my order because it stated that it'd be shipped may 31st. i then ordered the xboxone version. Now I see that on the official website it states that it's being released digitally only on the xboxone.  The switch and PS4 are getting physical copies.. Before I cancel again, does anyone if there is xbixone physical copy. My order doesn't state this. 

7 days left. I still can't believe this is happening. I still remember the day they announced it. What a weird feeling it was to see the announcement.

By the way, if you download the Japanese PS4 demo, you'll get an R-Type Final 2 theme with it, which I am currently using on my PS4. I downloaded the US demo and it didn't give me a US version of the theme, so maybe this is Japan-only.

• Like 1

Screw it. I just preordered another copy of the game (Japanese PS4 limited edition). I will probably get the PC version as well eventually if the game is good or if the console versions have performance issues. Still hoping that the demo is an older and less-optimized build, especially the Switch version.

It seems that Amazon won't ship this to me until mid-May for some reason, with only the regular shipping speed as an option. How strange. At least I'll still be getting my crowdfunding Switch version in the mail with its special box on the 29th.

Also, Famitsu gave this game 8/8/8/7 (31/40), if Famitsu scores matter to you.

• Like 1