IGNORED

Atari 2600 Jr. NTSC + UAV installation, color issue.

goombakid

I just installed a UAV in my Atari 2600 Jr. I removed the 4050 to install it, tapping the via under R28 for Color In, per the installation instructions. Audio tapped from the A3 via. No other components have been removed from the board.

Putting it back together to test it, I noticed that what should be black in color, it's gray instead. 

I attached a pic of the Joust title screen. The background should be black (IIRC). Both S-Video and Composite show this.

joust.thumb.jpg.742e7fd783c9fe7418c88bbccad5cda3.jpg

I also attached a pic of the UAV install. I do have the UAV socketed, but I may change that since it doesn't sit properly in the case.

800910570_UAVinstall.thumb.jpg.114290ff246b62624005301164d005ee.jpg 

It's been a while since I powered this console on, so I don't recall if it did show the right colors in the first place. Any help in solving this issue is appreciated. Thanks all!

22 hours ago, goombakid said:

Bumping for assistance. I have tried it on several monitors and my old CRT, still getting the same result. 

I just completed a Coleco Gemini modded with a UAV and it worked perfectly. For the Jr. I'm not sure where to start. 

Possible it is the UAV itself. Do you have another you can swap it out with. I had a similar issue with a UAV I got last year I think? Only it was doing this in the middle the middle 1/3 of the image all the way across. Another UAV didn't do it and I reinstalled it and got the same results. It is the only UAV I have had that didn't work and I wasn't able to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...