IGNORED

I finally beat Bagman

Panama Joe-KC

Bagman was one of my favorite arcade games as a kid but I could never even beat the first level. I never really got all that close back in the day. I probably never got much more than half the bags in the first screen. That fact has been frustratingly stuck in my craw for decades. I finally decided to buckle down and do it. It never seemed like it should be THAT hard, but the more I dug into it to accomplish this simple goal, two things happened. One, I became much better at it (and I'm relieved to say that I can now do it pretty much every time), but two, I understand better part of why its so difficult. Its basically like you are juggling the whole time and the game is just trying to distract you. And if you drop one ball, you lose.

Anyway,  I recorded a short video about it, if anyone wants to get some tips on Bagman. Or if anyone wants to add any strategies, I'd love to see them. I'm still trying to improve.

I may try Super Bagman next...but...yikes!

• Like 4

Congratulations!

This is probably top of my list for games that I find so insanely difficult that I'll walk away from them for months or years at a time - only to come back, get so badly knocked around by it again, and repeat the cycle :-D  Well done!

20 minutes ago, Panama Joe-KC said:

I've never played that. Thanks, I will give that one a try.

Enjoy!  It is very fun.  I'm pretty sure it was built on the same hardware that Paperboy was built on, because the graphics and sound effects seem familiar.

There are so many great coin-ops from the late 70's, the 1980's and early 90's.....most of them of are just timeless.  Great gameplay never gets old.