IGNORED

Keyboard Component Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk Review

decle

Hi everyone,

Ever wondered how @nurmix posts AtariAge messages from his K/C? Wonder no more! I have a short view review of @Ron The Cat's K/C running Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk, the software he uses...

Let me know what you think. atariage_icon_wink.gif

Cheers

decle

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk Cassette

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, decle said:

Hi everyone,

Ever wondered how @nurmix posts AtariAge messages from his K/C? Wonder no more! I have a short view review of @Ron The Cat's K/C running Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk, the software he uses...

Let me know what you think. atariage_icon_wink.gif

Cheers

decle

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk Cassette

Thank tou very much Decle!

I was indeed chatting with Intvsteve about that signature and got amazed by the combination of those 40 year old excellent hardwares.

Now it’s very clear!? And it’s amazing!? But are you also Ron the Cat???

• Like 1

Phenomenal!  It made me smile so much.

I particularly liked the typos.  When @decle writes the message and says "... short video review," but types "view review," it tickled me when I saw that the post in AA goes like that as well.

Well done!  Impressive bit of technical theater. :)

-dZ.

• Thanks 1

I finally found some time to watch this and, yes, it's awesome!

The conversation at the beginning of the video reminds me a lot of another famous human-machine conversation, which implied more serious consequences though:

Joshua: Shall we play a game?

David Lightman: Love to. How about Global Thermonuclear War?

Joshua: Wouldn't you prefer a nice game of chess?

David Lightman: Later. Let's play Global Thermonuclear War.

Joshua: Fine.

Mr. decle, thank you for sharing with us all the fun that you had doing this

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, intellivotion said:

I finally found some time to watch this and, yes, it's awesome!

The conversation at the beginning of the video reminds me a lot of another famous human-machine conversation, which implied more serious consequences though:

Joshua: Shall we play a game?

David Lightman: Love to. How about Global Thermonuclear War?

Joshua: Wouldn't you prefer a nice game of chess?

David Lightman: Later. Let's play Global Thermonuclear War.

Joshua: Fine.

Mr. decle, thank you for sharing with us all the fun that you had doing this

I think it was meant to evoke that. ;)

For those, like @DZ-Jay, @Lathe26, @Steve Jones and @Morpheus, who expressed an interest in how Intelli-talk works, here's a (much shorter) follow up video showing Intelli-talk connecting to a UK BBS using dial-up.  It also explains how the posting to AtariAge was done, what was real, what wasn't etc.  Naturally, this will contain some spoilers...

Cheers

decle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, decle said:

For those, like @DZ-Jay, @Lathe26, @Steve Jones and @Morpheus, who expressed an interest in how Intelli-talk works, here's a (much shorter) follow up video showing Intelli-talk connecting to a UK BBS using dial-up.  It also explains how the posting to AtariAge was done, what was real, what wasn't etc.  Naturally, this will contain some spoilers...

Cheers

decle

Wow.  Just ... wow!!!

So ... the "fake" part is that the K/C is not really making RESTful calls to AA, but actually going through your laptop, who is then brokering communications with the AtariAge API, formatting it, and sending it back to the K/C for display ... live?

All on software built purposefully for this demo, to actually do all that for the sake of veracity?

image.gif.c58cdf4e226fa744069aff4ebe13b2c5.gif

Most impressive, sir.

I have to say that you have to win some sort of award for the most trouble and effort invested on a prank. ?

dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2021 at 9:48 AM, decle said:

Cheers

decle

Thanks for the explanation.  What you did was close to what I later suspected: it was partially fake but also real at the same time.  Awesome to see how it was actually done.

• Thanks 1

How dare you reveal the secret of my AA posting method!  We spoke of this in confidence, Decle!  I took you at your word...

Actually, this is fantastic!  Who knew when I created that silly little throw-away signature line it would inspire you to do this!?  Love it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2