Jump to content
decle

Keyboard Component Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk Review

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

 

Ever wondered how @nurmix posts AtariAge messages from his K/C? Wonder no more! I have a short view review of @Ron The Cat's K/C running Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk, the software he uses...

 

 

Let me know what you think. atariage_icon_wink.gif

 

Cheers

 

decle

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk Cassette

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was the best technical demonstration I ever seen on this specific date. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, decle said:

Hi everyone,

 

Ever wondered how @nurmix posts AtariAge messages from his K/C? Wonder no more! I have a short view review of @Ron The Cat's K/C running Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk, the software he uses...

 

 

 

Let me know what you think. atariage_icon_wink.gif

 

Cheers

 

decle

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent from my Keyboard Component using Jack's Conversational Intelli-talk Cassette

Thank tou very much Decle!

I was indeed chatting with Intvsteve about that signature and got amazed by the combination of those 40 year old excellent hardwares.

Now it’s very clear!👍 And it’s amazing!😎 But are you also Ron the Cat???

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phenomenal!  It made me smile so much.

 

I particularly liked the typos.  When @decle writes the message and says "... short video review," but types "view review," it tickled me when I saw that the post in AA goes like that as well.

 

Well done!  Impressive bit of technical theater. :)

 

     -dZ.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally found some time to watch this and, yes, it's awesome!

 

The conversation at the beginning of the video reminds me a lot of another famous human-machine conversation, which implied more serious consequences though:

 

Joshua: Shall we play a game?

David Lightman: Love to. How about Global Thermonuclear War?

Joshua: Wouldn't you prefer a nice game of chess?

David Lightman: Later. Let's play Global Thermonuclear War.

Joshua: Fine.

 

Mr. decle, thank you for sharing with us all the fun that you had doing this

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, intellivotion said:

I finally found some time to watch this and, yes, it's awesome!

 

The conversation at the beginning of the video reminds me a lot of another famous human-machine conversation, which implied more serious consequences though:

 

Joshua: Shall we play a game?

David Lightman: Love to. How about Global Thermonuclear War?

Joshua: Wouldn't you prefer a nice game of chess?

David Lightman: Later. Let's play Global Thermonuclear War.

Joshua: Fine.

 

Mr. decle, thank you for sharing with us all the fun that you had doing this

I think it was meant to evoke that. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DZ-Jay said:

I think it was meant to evoke that. ;)

good to know. So I'm not totally stupid yet :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, intellivotion said:

good to know. So I'm not totally stupid yet :lol:

Not yet, at least!  😁

 

That particular sequence made me chuckle a lot.  The entire thing was brilliant.  Well done, @decle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those, like @DZ-Jay, @Lathe26, @Steve Jones and @Morpheus, who expressed an interest in how Intelli-talk works, here's a (much shorter) follow up video showing Intelli-talk connecting to a UK BBS using dial-up.  It also explains how the posting to AtariAge was done, what was real, what wasn't etc.  Naturally, this will contain some spoilers...

 

 

 

Cheers

 

decle

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Decle,

Thanks a lot for this second pill of creativity and competence!

Very interesting, clear and well done!👍

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, decle said:

For those, like @DZ-Jay, @Lathe26, @Steve Jones and @Morpheus, who expressed an interest in how Intelli-talk works, here's a (much shorter) follow up video showing Intelli-talk connecting to a UK BBS using dial-up.  It also explains how the posting to AtariAge was done, what was real, what wasn't etc.  Naturally, this will contain some spoilers...

 

 

 

Cheers

 

decle

 


 

Wow.  Just ... wow!!!

 

So ... the "fake" part is that the K/C is not really making RESTful calls to AA, but actually going through your laptop, who is then brokering communications with the AtariAge API, formatting it, and sending it back to the K/C for display ... live?

 

All on software built purposefully for this demo, to actually do all that for the sake of veracity?

 

image.gif.c58cdf4e226fa744069aff4ebe13b2c5.gif
 

Most impressive, sir.
 

I have to say that you have to win some sort of award for the most trouble and effort invested on a prank. 😆


  dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/11/2021 at 9:48 AM, decle said:

For those, like @DZ-Jay, @Lathe26, @Steve Jones and @Morpheus, who expressed an interest in how Intelli-talk works, here's a (much shorter) follow up video showing Intelli-talk connecting to a UK BBS using dial-up.  It also explains how the posting to AtariAge was done, what was real, what wasn't etc.  Naturally, this will contain some spoilers...

 

 

 

Cheers

 

decle

 

Thanks for the explanation.  What you did was close to what I later suspected: it was partially fake but also real at the same time.  Awesome to see how it was actually done.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How dare you reveal the secret of my AA posting method!  We spoke of this in confidence, Decle!  I took you at your word...

 

 

Actually, this is fantastic!  Who knew when I created that silly little throw-away signature line it would inspire you to do this!?  Love it!

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...