IGNORED

Tankstick with Ultrastik 360?

lplp

Hello,

Does anyone know if an Ultimarc Ultrastik 360 can be put into an X-Arcade Tankstick and work properly with Raspberry Pi 3b+ and Retropie MAME for old style arcade games without a huge programming or installation issue? I can't seem to find much about this. I would like to be able to switch between 4 and 8 way games without opening the case and the U360 seems more preferable to the Ultimarc Mag-stick plus.

Or alternatively, does anyone know of any custom stick designer who could build something similar?

Thank you for any guidance!!

I bought a single 360 stick, and liked it so much, I bought a second one.  GREAT stick!!  Well worth the money.  I replaced the sticks in my Tankstick a few years ago with the Dominux 8 from Groovy Game Gear.   Another great stick.   I have a dual that I left with the stock 8-way sticks, and put the Dominux sticks in the Tankstick set at 4-way.  I have a third project I worked on with a spare control panel shell that I used the 360's in.  Works great on everything!  Don't forget 4-way diagonal for Q*Bert and Congo Bongo!!  Software makes it so easy to switch what you want the stick to do.

So you have 3 dual sticks? That's cool! My drawback is I live in a small space and I've been trying to keep controller size to a minimum. I love crazy climber so I need a dual 8 way and I also need a 4 way for the classics.  I've seen units out there with spinners, trackball, 8 way and 4 way sticks on them but they're 3 feet long and wouldn't work in my space. The 360 seems like a great way to get more uses from a potentially smaller controller. I'm glad to hear you endorse them. I did already have the tankstick in storage so I'd love to really mod it out at some point. Just have to figure out if the 360 would work in Tankstick on retropie relatively simply. Tankstick is the biggest my place can handle. Thank you for your info!