Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
a8isa1

Unable to run any terminal program on 800

Recommended Posts

Someone asked in IRC about 80 column terminal programs for 800.   I could not recall if Omnicom works on the 800 or not.  Apparently it doesn't, however when the program crashed I tried Flickerterm 80 which I know should work.

 

After I load the 850 handler and start Flickerterm 80 it comes up in ASCII mode and at 1200 baud.  However, the keyboard does not respond.  After about 5 seconds the emulation switches to VT100 and baud rate is now at 19,200.  The keyboard still will not  respond and now the FujiNet activity LED is flashing brightly with about 3 pulses per second.  It never stops flashing.  Pressing button C resets Fujinet but the LED continues to flash.

 

I next tried Bobterm but it halts while loading some module. 

 

I then tried AMODEM 4.2. I'm able to enter an ATDT sequence and connect but the keyboard stops responding here as well.  Fujinet is not flashing.

 

I recently updated the firmware.  Fujinet works fine on my 800XL

 

I'm providing fujinet debugging data.  It begins at the point I started the 850 handler.

 

Below are some excerpts that I thought odd.  They occured with no intervention from me.  The keyboard remained non responsive the whole time.

 

set_baudrate change from 19200 to 1200
Modem streaming at 1200 baud
Modem was active - resetting SIO baud
set_baudrate change from 1200 to 19200
set_baudrate change from 19200 to 1200
Modem streaming at 1200 baud
Modem was active - resetting SIO baud
set_baudrate change from 1200 to 19200
set_baudrate change from 19200 to 19200
Modem streaming at 19200 baud
Modem was active - resetting SIO baud
set_baudrate change from 19200 to 19200
set_baudrate change from 19200 to 19200
Modem streaming at 19200 baud
Modem was active - resetting SIO baud
set_baudrate change from 19200 to 19200

 

Regards,

 

SteveS

 

atari800_fujinet_debugging.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This turns out to be a user problem but it was one of years of  bad habits in the making.  I some distant past I had appended RVerter/Bobverter drivers to most of the terminal programs I had been using on the disk that I use for everything.   A few years ago I started using SpartaDOS X and the newest updates/betas of ICET XE.  By this time I had dropped the habit of attaching the driver to the executables.  I don't need such a shortcut.  SDX has batch files.

 

Now FujNet comes along and I need the 850 driver loaded.  No problem with this. 

 

Later on I decide to test FujiNet on my 800.  Unfortunately,  I can't use SDX or my CF card or ICET XE on my stock 800.  This forces me  to dig my old and small collection of terminal programs.

 

I load the 850 driver and whichever terminal program I wish to use not realizing a driver conflict was waiting for me,

 

Well, at least that's what I assume was happening.   I don't see the Bobverter splash notice on my 800.  (It does appear now when I repeat the exercise on my 800XL).   I don't have debug tools on 800 and I don't have the know-how to recreate the problem in emulators.   So, yeah.  Just an assumption of what happened.

 

Sorry, for the false alarm!

 

Regards,

 

SteveS

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...