IGNORED

DIN13 breakout board

damanloox

Would there be anybody kind enough to do a gerber files for a simple DIN13 breakout board (something like in the attached picture)? 

This would be really helpful when installing VBXE (and DIN13 connector)... Pinout is really not important as long as all 13 pins are available (the yellow pads at the edges, pads on both sides of the board for flexibility)...

I can do a few things but PCB design is not something I can do unfortunately..

Screenshot 2021-04-02 at 22.34.27 copy.png

Edited by damanloox

Attached are gerbers for a DIN13 breakout adapter as well as the pcb footprint for the DIN13 connector I created in KiCAD. Footprint dimensions and pcb width were determined by the specs in the link below. Hopefully it fits.

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1ZS55j0rJ8KJjSspaq6xuKpXal.jpg

DIN13_breakout.thumb.png.094f58af56476fe69908dc03b234dc20.png

din13_breakout.zip

Edited by emerson
  • Like 3

Goto

www.expresspcb.com

Download the program for free.

Draw your PCB.

Order proto boards.

Cost a bit more, but you get the software for free and you learn the skill. The program has an easy learning curve.

I use it for commercial PCB's.

• Like 1

I suggest learning how to some type of pcb design software. I don't know about expresspcb as Zonie suggested but KiCAD is quite powerful, but it is not without a few quirks. It has a moderate learning curve but once you get the hang of it you can whip up circuit boards in no time. I think it took me an hour to create what I posted above and that is including the custom footprint design. Designing footprints is the hardest part which is why I included that as well.

There are several tutorials online on how to use KiCAD, give it a shot!

• Like 1

I know it would probably be beneficial to learn KiCAD or some other tool but I rarely need any PCBs (in fact this DIN13 thing is the only thing I needed in last 10 years or so). I'm not doing it "commercially", I just need two boards. I have pretty demanding full time job, 4 year old daughter and absolutely no time for anything else...

I thought it wouldn't take much time to do for somebody who knows what they are doing.

And @emerson did great design/job - thanks again. I just wish the pads/traces were on both sides of the board...