IGNORED

Best Sega genesis 2 A/V Cable?

thegamezmaster

It's really a crap shoot sadly if you just want composite A/V cables.  Most, if not all, after-market cables are wired incorrectly and provide only mono audio (left channel wired to the mono pin and right channel to the left channel pin).  It's not a difficult thing to fix on your end if you have the right parts and tools.

If you aren't comfortable with doing the work yourself, you could probably ask someone here to either mod a cheap composite cable or build you a decent one.

• Like 1

I recently bought this exact one with very satisfactory results.  Compared to the original RF cable the colors and graphics were notably more vivid on my 32" Toshiba CRT using this.  Remember too that if you have a model 1 Genesis you would need a different cable.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-ft-Composite-RCA-Audio-Video-AV-Connection-Cord-Cable-for-Sega-Genesis-2-or-3/172517044186?epid=2255499409&hash=item282ad12fda:g:cKYAAOSw4DJYl4Ld

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeddyBear89 said:

I recently bought this exact one with very satisfactory results.  Compared to the original RF cable the colors and graphics were notably more vivid on my 32" Toshiba CRT using this.  Remember too that if you have a model 1 Genesis you would need a different cable.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-ft-Composite-RCA-Audio-Video-AV-Connection-Cord-Cable-for-Sega-Genesis-2-or-3/172517044186?epid=2255499409&hash=item282ad12fda:g:cKYAAOSw4DJYl4Ld

Thanks for the response and info. Will have to check out!

• 6 months later...
On 4/8/2021 at 12:50 AM, newtmonkey said:

The retrobit cables are well-known to not have stereo audio wired correctly.

I know...a bit late to the party ;)

But yes, that is correct. Those retrobit cables suck. They are wired with one audio channel and then a dual mono audio channel. 

If you want a good cable that is wired correctly *for the most part* (I will get to that in a minute) get the Old Skool cable:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XBDM4R0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is true stereo, but I mentioned for the most part. That is, the red RCA jack is actually LEFT audio channel and the white is the RIGHT audio channel ;) Oh well, just plug them in accordingly. But, it is a quality cable and the picture and stereo audio is perfect. I have a few of these myself. And, just ordered one more before you guys gobble them all up ;)

The stereo audio was tested with the 240P Test Suite....which is one of the easiest ways to test true L/R audio separation with the audio test app included with that suite.

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1