IGNORED

So hows xbox live?

JagWarlord

Is it worth it?

How much does the service cost?

Is Star Wars KOTOR good?or PSO?

What are other fun games that support it?

Thanks

-mike

Service is going to be about $50 a year from here on out or you can pay monthly but it'll be slightly more. It's pretty cool I guess for multiplayer like Wolfenstein or Soldier Of Fortune and Mechassault. If you play online with your PC, then most likely it isn't worth it as it's free on the PC and usually better maps and mostly the same games. Downloadable levels and and other stuff for certain games is pretty cool though because it kinda refreshes the game somewhat. All MS Sports titles come with 2 months free service. Other games will have monthly subscriptions but I think they will have free ervice for a short period as well. Off hand I don't really know all of the games supported but go to xbox.com and there is a listing there. I will say that Live has been pretty much flawless and has some kick ass features, but I will also say I don't use it very much. I know that sometime within the next month the whole interface is changing with some sorta voice-chat and some other stuff. For the whopping $4 a month it costs, you may as well get it.

KOTOR is not playable online. There will be downloadable content for it though. I've had a blast playing on Live. RTCW is great. Can't wait for Steel Battalion 2. I don't play sports games so I have no comment on those. For the price of one game a year I would say go for it. (Or just wait for Halo 2 then get it) :)

XB Live is great. Games like Unreal Championship, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, MechAssualt and PSO have been great. Voice communication is so cool for multi-player games.

Get Xbox Live now, while it is still $49.95. The price of the Xbox Live kit and one years worth of service goes up to $69.95 this fall. Renewal will be $50 per year though. The only game that charges extra is Phantasy Star Online, $8.95 per month after two months free. All the other games do not have an extra fee.

Check Best Buy if you buy an XBox Live kit, they still might be running a great deal. I bought mine there a couple of months ago and if you buy the XBL kit and a game together, they give you a $20 in-store rebate. Hell of a deal if they still have it going.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein is getting most of my XB Live time these days, really fun team based FPS.

There are also a bunch of great Live games in the future that you will only find on the XB. Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge, Project Gotham Racing 2, True Fantasy Live, Conker: Live and Uncut, Dead or Alive Online, Sega GT Online, Steel Battalion 2, Unreal II(the XB version is going to have multi-player, the PC version doesn't) and then of course(drum roll)...Halo 2. Ninja Gaiden and Fable are also supposed to utilize Live in some fasion as well.

As for which is better between PSO and SW: KOTOR. PSO is great fun and you can play online and KOTOR is a single player RPG with downloadable content. KOTOR is a great game though, one of the best on the Xbox and Game of the Year material.

I've had XBLive since November and I just don't play many single player games anymore. It's that good!!!.

Wolfenstein is getting most of my attention at the moment as well.

And when you buy your Live kit you will get some games to play live (sort of cut down versions of retail games but they play just fine).

i never liked the idea of console internet games, because alot of them have the subscription fees. i dont mean that x-box live you have to pay for, thats understandable, but what i hate, is ANY game, console and pc, that once you shell out $50 you have to ALSO pay a monthy fee! its total BS and if they got rid of that i would give it a chance, but until then :x