Sign in to follow this  
MrBeefy

Amazed By the Indie Scene

So I keep being amazed by the awesome games I keep finding in the Switch eshop for cheap.

I've been going through some recent games and my family had a blast with REKT! It is a stunt car game. Reminds me sort of of Uniracers meets Tony Hawk. 4 player local multiplayer.

I can't believe I got this for the high price of $0.17! It is regularly $5.99. https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/rekt-high-octane-stunts-switch/

What games have you discovered that were an awesome deal that you've had a blast with?

• Like 2

That looks decent, reminds me vaguely of the old epic DOS game STUNTS I miss that one so much...with a mix of Hard Drivin'.

You know I think another worthy of mention would be Retromania Wrestling, a $30 game, but it has more people coming to it.  It's a specifically made spiritual sequel to arcade Wrestlefest which people feel is like the best the old arcade ever got.  I've been watching some videos, reading a bit, and wow it actually do look fantastic, and it's done just by a few people in the states and it really got headlined on Switch, though there is another version on Steam where I'm considering it to be fair(price vs longer term availability.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Tanooki said:

That looks decent, reminds me vaguely of the old epic DOS game STUNTS I miss that one so much...with a mix of Hard Drivin'.

You know I think another worthy of mention would be Retromania Wrestling, a $30 game, but it has more people coming to it.  It's a specifically made spiritual sequel to arcade Wrestlefest which people feel is like the best the old arcade ever got.  I've been watching some videos, reading a bit, and wow it actually do look fantastic, and it's done just by a few people in the states and it really got headlined on Switch, though there is another version on Steam where I'm considering it to be fair(price vs longer term availability.)

I have RetroMania. I think Wrestlefest had a better lineup but what I've played so far has been good. 4 player couch co-op/multiplayer is a plus. Only need one joycon per person too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, digdugnate said:

I thought 'Totes My Goat' was kind of a fun Q*Bert-style game.  'Downwell' is cool as well.

I have not heard of those.

On 4/4/2021 at 9:38 AM, Tanooki said:

Looks pretty cool. In fact I looked up it and it claims to be not only a spiritual successor but actually the official sequel.

I haven't taken the dive but this game called Shadow Gangs looks to be basically Bad Dudes in HD, no sale yet tho: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/shadow-gangs-switch/ 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Daj said:

Looks pretty cool. In fact I looked up it and it claims to be not only a spiritual successor but actually the official sequel.

I haven't taken the dive but this game called Shadow Gangs looks to be basically Bad Dudes in HD, no sale yet tho: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/shadow-gangs-switch/ 

That does look kind of good. Wish listed!

Just finished Bastion. It was a pretty and fun little Action RPG.

I loved the ending, because it really made you think. You have a choice to make at the end and I don't think either option is right or wrong. It's more about your personal moral philosophy than a straight right or wrong. It's like the end of a good book that gives you more to discuss than a straight happy or sad ending.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Just finished Bastion. It was a pretty and fun little Action RPG.

I loved the ending, because it really made you think. You have a choice to make at the end and I don't think either option is right or wrong. It's more about your personal moral philosophy than a straight right or wrong. It's like the end of a good book that gives you more to discuss than a straight happy or sad ending.

Check out Hades if you haven't already- fantastic game by the same studio.  I played Bastion and Transistor but I ended up liking Hades more than both.