IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 14 - Game 11 - Imagic Games Extravaganza

49 minutes ago, popsicle said:

A friend of mine told me he was so disappointed with paying money for Dragonfire that he took a hammer to the cartridge in his driveway. 

16175764369487490140088229167999.jpg

Lol yeah it’s frustrating as hell. That first screen is fkin torture. Even the easy level is impossible. This game fits in perfectly with this season’s theme of utterly impossible games. ?

41 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

@Rickster8 Just wanted to say I love the idea for this round. I wanna unlock Atlantis! Very different from all other rounds and that shakes things up a bit.

Thx man. Yeah I wanted to do something different. We will be doing some more of this type of thing going forward to break things up a little.... ?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, popsicle said:

I have no idea what is happening. 

16175792163125763686493968880413.jpg

Lol you have to play the Ritual game to appease the natives. First you grab the money bags then you take the flags then the urns and finally the chest. You have to take turns with the natives. You grab a flag, he grabs a flag, you grab an urn and he grabs an urn. If you don’t go in order tomahawks will be launched at you. In the raft you have to travel slow otherwise the people will get thrown out. Lol yet another frustrating game.... ???

Bite your Tongue... DragonFire was one of the family treasures as a kid as me and my Dad BOTH would sit there (of course I was the blue (2nd player) and battle back and forth (this, Lock 'n Chase, BurgerTime! and Bowling for some reason were 4 of our go to 2 player games)

The first thrill you can see is the Gaming saying "Fuck You" Level in the treasure room. and that being the "Invisible" Dragon. (It's just colored in black the background color so you don't see it...

Then the 2nd is looping the colors :)

With that said, Fight on brave Knight, fight on!!! (NOTE looping colors doesn't make it easier like it did in Centipede, you've been warned hehehe)

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 5.54.58 AM.png

• Like 2

11 hours ago, popsicle said:

I have no idea what is happening. 

16175792163125763686493968880413.jpg

If you ever seen the 60's game of NIM or math puzzles, you'll be right at home in this...

Order of prizes is Flags, Urns (yes thats what they call them I refer to them as gold pots) and then Treasure Chest... ALL of the previous must be gone before the next level item is available. (Also if Money bags appear, they can be got at anytime and NOT effect the game, max 1 bag per player left in raft.)

You get to go first when arriving on the beach, so I usually go grab the bags first, as they don't start the game and might as well get the free money. Then plan the flags, EACH Round you may have ONE or TWO flags (DONT go for more than 2 per round). Moment you grab your first, the native (White Running man will start towards which flag(s) he wants, you still can grab your second if you do want a 2nd before he gets his first)...

In levels with Flags and Urns only... the Urn is a FIRST COME - FIRST SERVED when ALL FLAGS have been collected. In levels with Flags, Urns and Chest (ONLY will happen after banking 3 Urns in previous beaches), then the URNS are played like flags, 1-2 URNS per pick, once ALL URNS are gone, then First come First Served on the Treasure Chest (NOTE this rounds will NOT have Money Bags)...

Breaking any of these RULES will get the God of the Island MAAAAAAAAAADDDD at you.... That's when those Tomahawks fly at you, if your hit, you lose a LIFE AND any money you won on that particular beach. If you make it to the right edge before dying you LIVE, but there's ANOTHER Punishment for pissing off the Island God. The River is in Fuck You mode (aka Hard) until you get yourself to a new Beach and play the game right (according to his rules) :)

Also, dont hit rocks, as you'l have a guy fall out, if he hasn't drowned yet, you CAN paddle the boat (as long as at least 1 man is still in the boat and retrieve them, but dont go to where u'll lose another trying to save the 1) :)

Hope this helps :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, cparsley said:

Breaking any of these RULES will get the God of the Island MAAAAAAAAAADDDD at you.... That's when those Tomahawks fly at you, if your hit, you lose a LIFE AND any money you won on that particular beach. If you make it to the right edge before dying you LIVE, but there's ANOTHER Punishment for pissing off the Island God. The River is in Fuck You mode (aka Hard) until you get yourself to a new Beach and play the game right (according to his rules) :)

WOW! I did not know that.

I actually got this CIB recently, but as much as I am a "read the manual" type, I guess I actually haven't, even owning a physical copy of it(Boo!).

Mostly interesting to me as I currently have the fastest TG times for games 5 and 6, where the river can be completed(timed), and the technique is basically to wait for the RNG to give you Urns you can "stash and grab", haha, you really never play along with the River God's rules, so I guess after the first urn you've committed yourself to the river being more difficult. I really hadn't noticed, tbh.

You Guys are way ahead of me...I'm playing Q-Bert this week, haha, I rarely get ahead, I've not yet even tried Q-Bert...ugh....

:P

Meh, shipping is a PITA, I'd really like to give away a few Numb Thumb Patches for this set of games, just kinda seems like some force of nature lined it up where I "should", let me think on the terms of it, and consult with Rickster!

Haha, yeah, that technique kinda craps on the "spirit of play", but knowing it makes it more difficult makes me feel a tad better about it, at least!!!

28 minutes ago, cparsley said:

This is all I got to play as I can't play Q*Bert as my 7k score is the absolute max I can do with the game auto removing a life each new level.

For you it makes Q*bert suck even more if that's possible..... This to me is one of the worst Inty games in the entire catalogue..... ?

Microsurgeon, btw, is a prime example of Imagic being awesome. The game is literally designed to be played with dual controllers simultaneously. 

*Trigger Warning* And, in my opinion, it is a rare example of an instance where the INTY 2 controller most people hate is preferable. They're just a touch smaller in size making it less cumbersome to wield both at the same time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Intelligentleman said:

Microsurgeon, btw, is a prime example of Imagic being awesome. The game is literally designed to be played with dual controllers simultaneously. 

*Trigger Warning* And, in my opinion, it is a rare example of an instance where the INTY 2 controller most people hate is preferable. They're just a touch smaller in size making it less cumbersome to wield both at the same time. 

I'm not adept enough to use two controllers at once. Too much going on lol. The last time I used two controllers at once was for Decathlon and it somehow fried my system, it DID NOT like me doing that.... Now I have a different system which glitches out whenever I play Skiing, but everything else works and no it's not the cart cuz I have tried 3 of them and my LTO Flash and they all glitch when Skiing is played.... Ahhhh The InTV, good times..... :( 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Rickster8 said:

I'm not adept enough to use two controllers at once. Too much going on lol. The last time I used two controllers at once was for Decathlon and it somehow fried my system, it DID NOT like me doing that.... Now I have a different system which glitches out whenever I play Skiing, but everything else works and no it's not the cart cuz I have tried 3 of them and my LTO Flash and they all glitch when Skiing is played.... Ahhhh The InTV, good times..... :( 

That's what everyone says, but I bet you'd be surprised if you forced yourself to stick with it... Which, admittedly, requires a learning curve. 

It's the ergonomics mostly that hamper the dual controller approach. Because it's essentially the precursor to dual analog game controllers.

• Like 1

My Microsurgeon Update: Funny how up and down this game can be especially if you get a harder case than usual. 

I played a game before this one and no matter what I did I could NOT clear the Brain or the Gall Bladder, yet there were no visible signs of remaining problems.... ?‍♂️

So I played again and EUREKA, HUGE Doctor bill / score and patient's status 'GOOD' on all counts.... ?

57,840,000 - GAME 5 - INTERMEDIATE CRITICAL

MICROSURGEON(57840000)L5SCORE.jpg.ba316271c2eb8afdc16c1a8fa327415b.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Wording
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

My Microsurgeon Update: Funny how up and down this game can be especially if you get a harder case than usual. 

I played a game before this one and no matter what I did I could NOT clear the Brain or the Gall Bladder, yet there were no visible signs of remaining problems.... ?‍♂️

So I played again and EUREKA, HUGE Doctor bill / score and patient's status 'GOOD' on all counts.... ?

57,840,000 - GAME 5 - INTERMEDIATE CRITICAL

MICROSURGEON(57840000)L5SCORE.jpg.ba316271c2eb8afdc16c1a8fa327415b.jpg

You Are Amazing Love It GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Haha 2

My Dragonfire game is glitching. I cleaned the contacts and it came back worse! I can play a few rounds of treasure hunting then the dragon’s fireballs throw three rows of fireballs at me at the same time.  Now I have two games to order in. 

I can only play shitty micro surgeon now. ? Yes! I get to move at 1 mph and launch aspirin at a villain. Whoop-D-Doo! This game needs a worm whomper machine gun! That’s where it’s at !!! ? ? ? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

I can only play shitty micro surgeon now. ? Yes! I get to move at 1 mph and launch aspirin at a villain. Whoop-D-Doo! This game needs a worm whomper machine gun! That’s where it’s at !!! ? ? ? 

Have you tried putting the microsurgeon probe in high gear to move faster.  If it's still too slow try using the controls as a twin stick shooter.