IGNORED

California Games Cart Question??

trailmobile

Can a cartridge go bad??? Today I inserted my California Games to play some HACKEY and to my major disappointment all i got was "INSERT GAME." I got out my pink eraser and cleaned my contacts, which I just played it last night and same thing. Tried it in my other 5 systems and still the same message. Can a cartridge go bad?

"systems"= Lynxes???

This happens w/ maybe 1/3 of my games out of about 15. What works for me is to rub my thumb over the contacts a few times. Maybe the slight friction heat improves the contact, I dunno. People'll probably say the oils from your skin wreck the corrode the metal over time, but as I said, it works for me.

yeah i agree, sometimes all it takes is getting it in the right position, My zarlor mecenaries cart is really touchy, i spend about 15 minutes everytime i want to play it, getting it to start. Then again, you may just have a bad cart. they can wear out, although ive never personally had it happen.