I wonder how the GeneveOS could block an access. If I map page BC and do the access, there's nothing the OS could do to hinder me, I suppose.

To my understanding the page area B8-BF is the PEB (external bus) for the eight 8K blocks, with BA=4000 and BC=8000.

Edited by mizapf

2 hours ago, mizapf said:

I wonder how the GeneveOS could block an access. If I map page BC and do the access, there's nothing the OS could do to hinder me, I suppose.

To my understanding the page area B8-BF is the PEB (external bus) for the eight 8K blocks, with BA=4000 and BC=8000.

Yeah, you have to manually map it as the MDOS memory XOP will not offer it up for you.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 9640News said:

Went looking for it, and I think I found the modification for decoding page >BC.  I did not derive the decoding myself and not sure who to give credit to.  I know I did this to my Rave card and to a MBP card I built in the 90's.

Probably wouldn't hurt to have someone verify this as there was a note "at your own risk" at the end of the document.

GENEVEBC.TXT 1.88 kB · 20 downloads

I thought the memex switches could also block these pages and their mirrors

1 hour ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

I thought the memex switches could also block these pages and their mirrors

I don't recall the Memex blocking those mirrors.  I don't think until after the Memex was already in production did Ron Walters or anyone else was aware the Rave speech card was not fully decoded.