12 minutes ago, globeron said:

But I am still curious (with HRD inserted) where the files named '1400'  dis/var 1 come from and even get timestamp updated. And which program writes this to disk???

I thought about this and I suspect that the batch file processor is triggering an output redirection when it encounters the ">1400" in your AUTOEXEC.  We would expect the REM to cause the line to be ignored, however, this may be an ancient oversight in the command processor.

Try deleting the line REMark line or remove the ">" from that line.  If this solves the issue,  @9640News or I will review the command parser for the appropriate fix. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

I thought about this and I suspect that the batch file processor is triggering an output redirection when it encounters the ">1400" in your AUTOEXEC.  We would expect the REM to cause the line to be ignored, however, this may be an ancient oversight in the command processor.

Try deleting the line REMark line or remove the ">" from that line.  If this solves the issue,  @9640News or I will review the command parser for the appropriate fix. 

Correct that was the issue...the mysterious 1400 file issue is solved now. 

• Like 4

I've attached GenCFG v1.4 BETA to this post. 

The program has been updated as follows: 

• Speech (thx @mizapf) and floppy controller detection updates; CorComp FDC detection works; Myarc and TI FDC needs to be confirmed; remember to use CCFIX if you have a CorComp FDC.
  • RamHD partition sectors >20 through >41 are now reset during the format operation (resolves 'random' issue of being unable to write to the root directory after format)
  • Small ramdisks <3200 sectors (800K) can be formatted to their available capacity.  A new option #4 displays when the available sectors is <3200.  This option will in theory remove the need for FORM v1.23.  
  • Placeholder code added for future options to save/restore the partition table.
  • The total available sector count for the selected ramdisk is now displayed during the format prompting.
  • Miscellaneous changes to text within the program
  • The boot flag might be defaulted to 'on' after format; I'll have to check that at a later date to confirm that is intentional.

GENCFG14

I appreciate @9640News and @globeron and @dhe for their patient testing and feedback along the way.  My HRD has been reformatted and both the DSK and HD partitions are working as expected. 

If all goes well, I'll finalize this version for the next release.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1