IGNORED

CONFIG disk action not understood

I don't know if I've encountered a bug, two bugs, or I'm misunderstanding how this is supposed to work.

I'm running Fujinet 1.0 hardware.  It's externally powered plugged into my 800XL.  FN firmware is 0.5.879c407c 2021-04-02 01:14:21. WebUI has CONFIG Boot set.

I've mounted Atari DOS 2.0S ATR from ATARI-APPS.IRATA.ONLINE.  It boots OK.  When I press FujNet Reset I expect to see the Config disk appear as D1:.  However, when I try to get a directory listing the activity light flashes brightly then goes to dimly lit for a couple of seconds.  I get Error 138.

If I then do a coldstart (FN is still powered) the activity light flashes once dimly then the 800XL reboots itself, over and over again.

I'm providing a debug trace. It begins when I try to get that directory listing.

Regards,

SteveS

FN_reset_capture.zip

This has been a major point of contention, as this was supposed to be how it worked.

However, it seemed to conflict with people who were using a real D1: device (as it would eventually trip the status counter).

I spent two months going back and forth with @mr-atari on this.

The mode we came up with finally was able to stay silent and not accidentally be triggered, while still allowing use with SpartaDOS X after you tapped the reset button.

I really need somebody to look at this and see if it can be done better.

-Thom

21 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

This has been a major point of contention, as this was supposed to be how it worked.

However, it seemed to conflict with people who were using a real D1: device (as it would eventually trip the status counter).

I spent two months going back and forth with @mr-atari on this.

The mode we came up with finally was able to stay silent and not accidentally be triggered, while still allowing use with SpartaDOS X after you tapped the reset button.

I really need somebody to look at this and see if it can be done better.

-Thom

I see. 

Here's my 2 cents:

Configured as I described.  I press FN Reset.  Now my ATR is no longer mounted.   Config disk is not mounted either.  I shut off my Atari and turn it back on.  I don't get into CONFIG and I don't boot a mounted disk.  I have nothing available.

I can only get back to operational if I remember to pull the plug on FujiNet.  I have to do this to physcially reach the power switch on Fujinet 1.0 as the cable end partially blocks access to the switch.

No, I don't offer a solution.  I'm just venting.

SteveS

p.s. Done venting. Perhaps yet another button mode that forces CONFIG disk to be mounted. [EDIT] Once FNC-TOOLS are available I can help myself of out my mess.

Edited by a8isa1

1 hour ago, a8isa1 said:

I see. 

Here's my 2 cents:

Configured as I described.  I press FN Reset.  Now my ATR is no longer mounted.   Config disk is not mounted either.  I shut off my Atari and turn it back on.  I don't get into CONFIG and I don't boot a mounted disk.  I have nothing available.

I can only get back to operational if I remember to pull the plug on FujiNet.  I have to do this to physcially reach the power switch on Fujinet 1.0 as the cable end partially blocks access to the switch.

No, I don't offer a solution.  I'm just venting.

SteveS

p.s. Done venting. Perhaps yet another button mode that forces CONFIG disk to be mounted. [EDIT] Once FNC-TOOLS are available I can help myself of out my mess.

I always put the latest fnc-tools on atari-apps.irata.online in the root. :)

-Thom

1 hour ago, tschak909 said:

I always put the latest fnc-tools on atari-apps.irata.online in the root. :)

-Thom

I'm going mad!  Someone please try this:

Make sure FujiNet is powered externally. Make sure webui has Config Boot set.

Boot Atari to CONFIG

Mount from ATARI-APPS.IRATA.ONLINE/DOS/Atari DOS 2.0s.atr

Press OPTION to boot Atari DOS

Press FujiNet Button C *RESET*

Try to get a directory listing.  You should get Error 138      <------- Do NOT skip this step

Try to reboot your Atari.   Do an atari RESET.  Turn off the machine then on.  Try FN Reset more times.  Just don't unplug Fujinet's power cable *YET*.

For me CONFIG will never boot again.

I'm stuck until I unplug FujiNet's power cable.

Regards,

SteveS

Edited by a8isa1

14 minutes ago, a8isa1 said:

I'm going mad!  Someone please try this:

Make sure FujiNet is powered externally. Make sure webui has Config Boot set.

Boot Atari to CONFIG

Mount from ATARI-APPS.IRATA.ONLINE/DOS/Atari DOS 2.0s.atr

Press OPTION to boot Atari DOS

Press FujiNet Button C *RESET*

Try to get a directory listing.  You should get Error 138      <------- Do NOT skip this step

Try to reboot your Atari.   Do an atari RESET.  Turn off the machine then on.  Try FN Reset more times.  Just don't unplug Fujinet's power cable *YET*.

For me CONFIG will never boot again.

I'm stuck until I unplug FujiNet's power cable.

Regards,

SteveS

Yes, as I said above, this is a known issue, I have no fix for it at present, because fixing it seems to break behavior that other people want.

-Thom