IGNORED

TI Disk Controller Source

Some time back, early 2020 perhaps, someone posted what appeared to be original, commented source code for the TI Disk Controller.  I took note of this for future review, alas, I must not have saved the file(s) and I cannot find a reference to the post.

I spent the afternoon trying to find the post using the forum search mechanism.  I am hoping someone remembers posting the source and/or knows which topic to look in? 

(The code was not a disassembly nor was it from Thierry's tech pages.  )

Thank you

We are looking for the original source code from TI, as I suppose, to find information about timing issues with the Geneve (in ROMPAGE mode), right? But wouldn't that imply that someone added comments to the source code later?

I'm not sure whether this was documented in the original, commented source code.

Maybe a better bet would be on the commented source code of the Geneve Boot EPROM or other Geneve documents. I have a collection of that source code, I think, from Beery.

19 minutes ago, mizapf said:

Maybe a better bet would be on the commented source code of the Geneve Boot EPROM

BOOTEPROM and LOADSYS Reconciled 2014Sept19.DSK

I'll post this into the Geneve OS Dev post #1 for future reference, or Beery can post into his EPROM dev topic.   I didn't remove the "restriction" file as it is a moot point at this time. 

• Like 2

On 4/5/2021 at 3:55 PM, InsaneMultitasker said:

Some time back, early 2020 perhaps, someone posted what appeared to be original, commented source code for the TI Disk Controller.  I took note of this for future review, alas, I must not have saved the file(s) and I cannot find a reference to the post.

I spent the afternoon trying to find the post using the forum search mechanism.  I am hoping someone remembers posting the source and/or knows which topic to look in? 

(The code was not a disassembly nor was it from Thierry's tech pages.  )

Thank you

I have TI source code for the sidecar controller.  Thought I had posted it somewhere; will have to look.  I once did a quick side-by-side comparison with some other disassembled code from the PEB controller card and it is very close.  There were some code additions/differences that I thought could be easily reconciled at the time.

• Like 1