IGNORED

160B Mode 7800Basic ERROR, plotmapfile didn't find a palette

Lavalamp

I'm having trouble understanding how to invoke 12 colours, I keep getting the following error:

*** (48): ERROR, plotmapfile didn't find a palette for worldTiles

Reading else where I've seen warnings not to use it for background or play field characters, and that you mix 160A and B graphics, although I don't know how this is done. I couldn't find any example code of 160B being used.

Below is my modified version of the plotmapfile sample file but updated for 160B, any insight would be helpful. Points to note the PNG for the tiles has a 12 colour palette generated in ADS's sprite editor, the tiles are embedded in the Tiled map. What have I missed?

set doublewide on
 set basepath gfx
 set romsize 48k
 set tv pal ; ntsc
 set trackersupport basic

displaymode 160B

_setupPalettes
 P0C1=$00
 P0C2=$08
 P0C3=$0F

P1C1=$D2
 P1C2=$D5
 P1C3=$D7

P2C1=$A2
 P2C2=$A5
 P2C3=$A7

P3C1=$42
 P3C2=$22
 P3C3=$25

P4C1=$42
 P4C2=$22
 P4C3=$25

BACKGRND=$00

_import_tile_sets
 incgraphic brickTiles.png 160B 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 0
_import_maps
 incmapfile underGround.tmx

gosub setupScreen
 goto mainLoop

mainLoop
 restorescreen
 drawscreen
 goto mainLoop

setupScreen
 rem characterset brickTiles
 clearscreen
 plotmapfile underGround.tmx underGround 0 0 40 12
 savescreen
 drawscreen
 return

Edited by Lavalamp
Wrong sample

Here are refers to worldTiles, but I don't see it reference in the code snippet you gave. Presumably that is an image that your map file uses, but you aren't referencing in the code yet? It needs to be included before the plomapfile, and also have the pallette it is using as the last parameter  

3 hours ago, Karl G said:

Here are refers to worldTiles, but I don't see it reference in the code snippet you gave. Presumably that is an image that your map file uses, but you aren't referencing in the code yet? It needs to be included before the plomapfile, and also have the pallette it is using as the last parameter  

Sorry my bad, uploaded a test 160a one I was trying.

Assuming the quoted code is what you're working with, did you intend to "rem" out your characterset command?  I don't know if that would cause the actual problem you're having but I suspect it'd cause other problems later if not.  I remember having the error you're mentioning about the palette when I was working on the little screen switching engine but I can't remember how I fixed it in the end.

What error do you get with the actual code, then? If it's "plotmapfile didn't find a palette for XXX", then is XXX included with incgraphic before the plotmapfile that uses it? Does your map file reference any images that aren't included with incgraphic?