IGNORED

Jim Power

PeterG

Hey I just stumbled unto this video on youtube and never saw it mentioned before, thought you might find it interesting too. I did a search on the forum and a mention by Piko pops up in one thread so I guess it will be released by them?

There seems to be something wrong with the sound and the speed but it looks nice otherwise.

• Like 4

On 7 de abril de 2021 at 3:58 PM, PeterG said:

Hey I just stumbled unto this video on youtube and never saw it mentioned before, thought you might find it interesting too. I did a search on the forum and a mention by Piko pops up in one thread so I guess it will be released by them?

There seems to be something wrong with the sound and the speed but it looks nice otherwise.

So the Jaguar version of Jim Power finally lives? Cool! I wondered what happened to it. I'm also excited for the NES version, since it looks pretty neat for the console :) (P.S.: Holy hell! So the programmer of the PC Engine port of Jim Power came back? That's rad :D )

Edited by KidGameR186496
Additional comments

10 hours ago, Zerosquare said:

I've never played the original game, but it looks like there's also something wrong with the parallax scrolling. Objects on a slowly-scrolling plane shouldn't appear in front of objects in a faster-scrolling plane.

Yeah it's really weird.

11 hours ago, LordKraken said:

I love Jim Power, but the pixel art is real strange in this version. Check any 16 bits version, whether console or Amiga or even the PC DOS version, art is much nicer imo, more colourful and harmony. This one looks like a reinterpretation by Dali.

Dali is great! :-D

So my initial comment on the art was a bit rough, and I apologize for that. I'm a big fan of Jim Power, have a lot of respect for the programmer (R.I.P) so I overreacted a bit. Now I still think than the jag deserves something that looks better than what was shown. The console can do true color so why not basing the Jaguar version on the PC DOS version. At least it would be 256 colors. And the sea would look better :)

12 minutes ago, LordKraken said:

So my initial comment on the art was a bit rough, and I apologize for that. I'm a big fan of Jim Power, have a lot of respect for the programmer (R.I.P) so I overreacted a bit. Now I still think than the jag deserves something that looks better than what was shown. The console can do true color so why not basing the Jaguar version on the PC DOS version. At least it would be 256 colors. And the sea would look better :)

Hm, to me it looks like the Jaguar version was done by a different programmer in 2020.

Edited by agradeneu