IGNORED

Season 11 ~ Week 10 ~ Paper Medal Winner Pick

Vocelli

Dishaster, Game 2--Rollage!!!

I think this is my first rollage, so pretty happy about that!!!

TBH...

I "gave it a shot", wasn't prepared, and just figured out pretty quick "what to do", so I just kept playing.

I don't have my beer helmet yet, and I'm not supposed to smoke inside, but figuring out how to use my chin to move the Gal while I was sipping a brew was the toughest challenge...

'Bout 100K, I realized I was in for a long haul, so I shot to the fridge...barely made it back in time to save the game, but I did, so honest to goodness, this was my one and only ever attempt at this game.

Thank God.

(Actually, that was what was in my head..."just finish it, move on".)

2600Dishastergame2504250.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Seems like maybe I should put on a movie while I play Dishaster? ?

I listened to several of Count Dankula's "Mad Lads" podcasts while playing. I couldn't have done it without some sort of external distraction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Oh, I've commented on all the "picks" so far, for better or worse(all wound up good!!!), so here we go!

Thanks, Oyama, really!!!

I do think I'm a slightly different type scorer than most, kinda backed up by "actual numbers", over at TG, for anyone actually "checking".

For the most part, I think I have more of a chance of getting a HIGH score on some random game(only stating "a chance". Outside at best, but it's happened before...) than achieving Rollage when it is part of the equation, tho usually several people actually do.

It's just my opinion, and really there aren't so much "skill levels", there are different people and different games(ah, the upcoming point, actually..), but to use that as a general statement-I think for the most part anyone on my skill level, and mebbe even a couple notches lower should be able to/can blow through maxing say, Keystone Kapers, Spider Fighter, Laser Blast, but just, not me. No way.

I'd say that knowing in advance that I am committed for hours intimidates me, my stream of conciousness flows extraordinarily fast, haha, but even at that with the scores I DO achieve, to earn patches and such, the games are pretty much kicking my ass at that point, so I'm prolly "out of skill", as much as patience.

But this was like how I learned to swim, haha!

'Bout three, had swimmies on, jumped off my Grandmas diving board into the deep end, thru a floating hoop-I put my arms up, the swimmies popped into the air, and I just kinda...started swimming, didn't think about it.

Oops. I did it.

:D

So cool deal on Dishaster, I am with @Jasonhrb , haha, being able to give it a roll does redeem it a bit, I admit, but still, all good!

I know Cosmic Corridor, I *think* I have a decent score(game 1)over at TG, but...so many scores, I don't actually keep track, ha!

Haven't tried game 3 for the HSC yet, but I have enjoyed the harder variations, so good deal!!!

• Like 2

Cosmic Corridor/Game 3-2610

Finally got a good game in!!!

Seems like it tries hard to break you right at 1k, but then it really lets up some.

Lotta random, sometimes you get a set of enemies, and you are just gonna die.

I don't piddle around-I head straight down the entire time, shoot stuff coming up, make stuff coming down catch me, and avoid the projectiles.

2600Cosmiccorridorgame32610.png

• Like 2

Dishaster - 141,540

Quite upsetting to invest the time it takes to get anywhere in this game just to get to 400 below my best, which is below. Thought this would be my chance at rollage but my wife suggested the bellows it seems to drag out of me would somehow produce police curiosity.

dishaster1.thumb.png.70c968e80b158594ace1fe43ddd20c0d.png

Cosmic Corridor - 1,750

And then there's this one. I love parts about it and enjoy shooting four directions, nevertheless when trying to shoot right I steer with the whole space ship and crash into something.

cosmicor1.thumb.png.e646e0293b1057ab8bf7ecd360ab1692.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2