IGNORED

Ready-to-Go Fujinet Cart

gilsaluki

Slowly coming up to speed on this.  Is there only one place to get the fully built, ready to go, cart. The Brewing Academy?  The VCC shows Out of Stock.  The B.A. says they will not insure their packages after 1 Apr 21.  I am hesitant to order from a company that cannot guarantee delivery.  Money grows only on U.S. Govt trees, not mine.  Advice for coming up to speed with the Fujinet.

Just now, ZuluGula said:

Maybe they are waiting for pcbs from China for latest 1.5 version? I would wait to get new revision. 

I see that TBA is selling v.1.3 now.  I have read here that there is a v.1.5 coming soon.  I guess I will hold steady and wait for further news.  

1.6 hardware is coming, lol. That said, the existing 1.3 works perfectly well for 98% of the use cases out there. See the FujiNet Hardware thread for details.

I can’t speak for Marlin but I’d guess the reason for not shipping insured is that currently the US postal and package delivery infrastructure is in the process of turning 3rd world. Stuff sits for days without moving, if it’s not lost entirely. It took 9 days for a first class box to get to me from Iowa to Nashville these past two weeks. Yesterday, a friend came home to find ~30 pieces of mail that was sent to her between October and January that just disappeared. My wife works in industrial production planning and says stories like this are endemic all over the country no matter the carrier - USPS, FedEx, DHL, UPS … gah. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

As DrVenkman said, the shipping insurance is likely due to the current state of things in the U.S. I can 100% vouch for TBA, having dealt both via the website and in-person. Stand-up guy. I had an "issue" with the U1MB I purchased from him, so brought the 1200XL in (I live pretty close to his little shop). Turns out it was a brain-freeze on my part (I was one row of pins off when re-connecting a ribbon cable). He found the issue, buttoned it back up, and didn't charge me a penny for his trouble.

'US postal and package delivery infrastructure is in the process of turning 3rd world.'   Sounds like the 3rd world was just insulted :-).   I get all that, but insurance doesn't cost much to add.  The amount of time to deliver is never an issue with me.  But a lost package with no recourse is.  It's throwing dice at the table.  Come on RED!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, gilsaluki said:

'US postal and package delivery infrastructure is in the process of turning 3rd world.'   Sounds like the 3rd world was just insulted :-).   I get all that, but insurance doesn't cost much to add.  The amount of time to deliver is never an issue with me.  But a lost package with no recourse is.  It's throwing dice at the table.  Come on RED!

The problem is that trying to make an insurance claim with our now sub-post-apocalyptic postal service is about as effective as timely package delivery.

Went through this recently: the package I was expecting wasn't lost as far as the USPS was concerned because it hadn't been processed out of the facility that it went into in January and apparently subsequently never left.  Can't claim insurance on it because it hasn't been immobile and untracked enough, apparently, or something along those lines.

I would like to know in which universe a package can't get lost inside of a sorting facility.

Been escalating this for the past three weeks, but there are so many claims right now that even that side of the USPS is overwhelmed.  Insurance is difficult to claim on at the best of times, but now it's just a raging clusterf***.

3 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

Remember people, it's all the fault of the pandemic...And if you believe that I'll tell you another...

Thank you for that comment.  I too am getting so freakin' tired of EVERYONE using the pandemic as an excuse for everything that is not functioning properly.  "Well, because of covid....".   "We are behind because of covid...".   G.D. it!  Shut the F up already and get back to freakin' WORK!  

"Well, because of covid, I can't seem to release my ass from this easy chair..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, gilsaluki said:

?

FWW - My understanding is 1.3 with the Update fix is equivalent to 1.4.   I ordered a Fujinet with the fix from The Brewing Academy with an XL case Monday.  It's out for delivery today from UPS today.  I saw a post, someone picked up on from the fujinetonline store late last month so I think they ran out recently.  If you are getting PCBs from overseas at a good price it takes a while for them to come in.

I decided to dive in.

May the Force be with you!

Thank you

Mine arrived about 20 min later.  Windows 10 refuses to autorun my TNFS server.  Running from a command line is a win.  Good thing it's only for testing and I'm moving to a Pi for that.  After going through it I think the Weather app at nufjinet.pl -> network should become the "Hello World" of fujinet setup.

I need to setup MR.Robots Pi image on a Pi Zero W and go from there.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Bee said:

Windows 10 refuses to autorun my TNFS server.

Run it from Task Scheduler - just set the task to run at boot.  This is what I'm doing on my Server 2019 box, and it works fine.

Alternatively, you could use either SrvStart or NSSM to run it as a service.  Note that I haven't done this in this case, but have used both in the past with other software with generally-high levels of success.

10 hours ago, gilsaluki said:

Thank you for that comment.  I too am getting so freakin' tired of EVERYONE using the pandemic as an excuse for everything that is not functioning properly.  "Well, because of covid....".   "We are behind because of covid...".   G.D. it!  Shut the F up already and get back to freakin' WORK!  

"Well, because of covid, I can't seem to release my ass from this easy chair..."

COTD right there. I'm afraid though that this will be an excuse for a while...

17 hours ago, Bee said:

Mine arrived about 20 min later.  Windows 10 refuses to autorun my TNFS server.  Running from a command line is a win.  Good thing it's only for testing and I'm moving to a Pi for that.  After going through it I think the Weather app at nufjinet.pl -> network should become the "Hello World" of fujinet setup.

I need to setup MR.Robots Pi image on a Pi Zero W and go from there.

Cheers!

I wish I understood a tenth of what you are spouting here.  Man, I don't think I am technically up for Fujinet.  I know nothing about configuration or setting up a server. 

On 4/8/2021 at 11:39 AM, gilsaluki said:

I see that TBA is selling v.1.3 now.  I have read here that there is a v.1.5 coming soon.  I guess I will hold steady and wait for further news.

v1.3 had a hardware bug (my fault) that caused issues with flashing the firmware. There is a fix that should be applied to the v1.3 boards (ask your vendor). v1.5 is released with the fix and some other minor tweaks. Changes are listed in the hardware repo readme, but they don't really describe the fix, just the component changes. There will be a v1.6 with more minor changes: added SD Card detect pin and better SIO voltage measurement, neither issue hinder functionality in older versions.

As for stock on fujinet.online, I build small batches of each revision when I have time and put them up for sale. You can signup to get notified via email from the product page but I don't know when I will be making more so could be a while ;)