IGNORED

Who has heard of Berry Harmsen?

kl99

I am worried so much about our Berry.

Several people have troubles getting a lifesign of him. Including David Caine, Fred Kaal and me.

His Whatsapp Account shows last online at 18th feb 2021. He used Whatsapp on a daily basis.

I think I had a phone call with Berry around his Birthday, 12th January. He was telling me about his health problems back then.

His phone seems to be turned off and you immediately endup on the mailbox.

In the Facebook Messenger I don't get the "reading" symbol, which would indicate he has seen the message.

Was anybody of you in contact with him or got a lifesign of him somehow?

Does anyone know the names or contact addresses of his relatives?

Edited by kl99
  • Sad 6

I am worried too,
I also tried to contact him last time the 25th of March on whatsapp and I seems that he didn't read the message still, just the message delivered to the account.
I really hope that he is okay and safe ❤️

Edited by ti99iuc

5 hours ago, kl99 said:

Was anybody of you in contact with him or got a lifesign of him somehow?

Hal Shanafield and his wife stay in touch with @Berry. I will PM you his email address.

Maybe John (@KB9ZQT) knows something.

...lee

Edited by Lee Stewart
additional info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Vorticon said:

Please keep us posted. He is one of the foundational pillars of the global TI community and an incredibly amiable person. In fact his unofficial nickname among the Chicago crowd was "babe magnet"!

I, for one, have become accustomed to picking up his left-overs.  So many broken hearted maidens to console.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/8/2021 at 8:22 PM, Lee Stewart said:

Hal Shanafield and his wife stay in touch with @Berry. I will PM you his email address.

Maybe John (@KB9ZQT) knows something.

...lee

I Just saw this, I don't have any news.

I also talked with my my dad, last time he talked to Berry was back in January. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/11/2021 at 5:12 PM, F.G. Kaal said:

I have send an e-mail to all 4 hard core TI users here in the Netherlands inclusive a message via facebook to Berry's sister.

Waiting for responces.

Not more news from the members of the dutch TIGG other than that they also tried to contact Berry and that the last contact was arround Januari.

The treasurer of the TIGG contacted a community police officer to check at Berry home. The PO talked to one of Berry's neighbors who heared

from Berry's sister the he was/is in hospital with hart problems, that was about two weeks ago. Big chance that Berry is still in hospital. Unfortunetly Berry's sister or other person from his family had send a reply (yet).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

On 4/16/2021 at 12:30 AM, F.G. Kaal said:

Not more news from the members of the dutch TIGG other than that they also tried to contact Berry and that the last contact was arround Januari.

The treasurer of the TIGG contacted a community police officer to check at Berry home. The PO talked to one of Berry's neighbors who heared

from Berry's sister the he was/is in hospital with hart problems, that was about two weeks ago. Big chance that Berry is still in hospital. Unfortunetly Berry's sister or other person from his family had send a reply (yet).

He is probably in the hospital near his house.

OLVG Oost hospital  (last time I visited him there when I was still in NL)

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/27/2021 at 2:21 PM, Ksarul said:

Any updates here?

A member of the dutch TIGG contacted the OLV Hospital which is close to Berry's home. Berry was also hospitalized there a few months ago (but then his mobile phone was still switched on and we could contact him). Because of the (new) privacy rules here in Europe we are not entitled to ask for any information about people laying in the hospital because we are not belonging to the family of Berry. After explanation about the why who and what and some persuation we got the answer that Berry was not there. Berry's situation and where abouts is still unknown ?

Also haven't received any reaction from Berry's sister.

Fred

Edited by F.G. Kaal
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ho,

update via Marcel de Gier from our Dutch friends: 

They finally were able to get in contact with Berry today, he was in hospital

and somehow handicapped for some time now, and his handy is broken since then.

Berry promised to tell about as soon as possible.

Sounds like it will take some more time, but stay tuned ?

xXx

• Like 7
  • Thanks 9

• 2 months later...
On 6/11/2021 at 5:00 PM, Schmitzi said:

Hi ho,

update via Marcel de Gier from our Dutch friends: 

They finally were able to get in contact with Berry today, he was in hospital

and somehow handicapped for some time now, and his handy is broken since then.

Berry promised to tell about as soon as possible.

Sounds like it will take some more time, but stay tuned ?

xXx

Any chance we have an update on how Berry is doing?

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys!
I was able to reach Berry by his phone number on Saturday.

He was in a hospital for some treatment while we talked.

The treatment is taking lots of his time.

And most obviously he showed sadness, that his health status is still keeping him from doing any travel activity.

I tried to provide the message, that he has friends which also care about him, if he can't travel, if he can't join any meetings, or can't talk TI.

If you read this, his birthday is around these days, a perfect time to get in touch with him and to have a nice chat!

Let's show Berry we all think of him!

Pm me if you need the phone number.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 11

• 1 year later...

From Hal Shanafield on Facebook today:

I have some very sad news to report. Berry Harmsen, the chairman of the Dutch TI Users Group, and a very good friend of many years, died today. His sister called to give us the news minutes ago. He had been on dialysis for some time. She found him next to his bed and he had already passed away. His funeral will be tomorrow. I will post any more information as soon as I receive it.

• Sad 19

1 hour ago, acadiel said:

Berry Harmsen, the chairman of the Dutch TI Users Group, and a very good friend of many years, died today.

This is very, very sad news.  I very much enjoyed meeting Berry, getting to hang out and cracking wise with him.  I never heard a cross word from him and he was always jovial and great to be around.  The Faire will certainly not be the same without him.  My deepest condolences to his family, and know that he is remembered in great esteem.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, acadiel said:

Berry Harmsen, the chairman of the Dutch TI Users Group, and a very good friend of many years, died today.

photo-thumb-27929.jpg 

Very sad news, indeed. Anna and I will both miss @Berry very much. We enjoyed hanging out with him at the handful of Chicago International TI Faires we have attended.

...lee

• Like 4