IGNORED

Micro of Monmouth Newsletter

Allan

I came across these on eBay recently and grabbed them. I never heard of them so I did a little Internet search. I only got a couple of hits with not much more than a mention of the group and/or newsletter.

I scanned one and posted it below. I will scan the rest once I finish scanning the pile of Current Notes and Dal-Ace I have here.

Anybody ever hear of these?

Micro_of_Monmouth_Volume_3_Issue_4.pdf

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Here are all ten issues that I have. All from 1984. Hopefully more show up one day. There really isn't much on the Net about them.

Looks like they had a BBS as well. There are a number of Basic programs in there. Maybe somebody could try to OCR them. I scanned all the pages with listings at 600 DPI.

Archive.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for a very nostalgic read.  Just doesn't feel like it was 37 years ago. 

Yet, it was enjoyable a familiar name like, 'Scott Brause', giving DOS modifications demo's; reading about upcoming demos of 'Amodem'.

It's funny how just reading a simple club zine like this can bring back so many memories of being part of a club, of faces that have long since drifted away.

Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It seems if you mention what you are trying to acquire online, someone always shows up to snatch it out from under you... mums the word until it's in your hands. It's just the way of things. If a person knows another person wants a thing, it becomes that much more desirable in their eyes.

7 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

It seems if you mention what you are trying to acquire online, someone always shows up to snatch it out from under you... mums the word until it's in your hands. It's just the way of things. If a person knows another person wants a thing, it becomes that much more desirable in their eyes.

Good point but it's not like searching 'Atari' on Ebay is a big secret. If it was an auction that did not have the word 'Atari' in it, I would not have said anything. I am sure every collector of Atari Pong machines to all the way up to Jaguar/TT, see these auctions. If somebody really wants it and is willing to dump a lot of money for it, they will get it. I only buy them to archive so that everyone can have a digital copy. But I am not rich so I can't spend too much on this stuff.

My only hope is that more will show up either on eBay or from some fifty-year-old who had an Atari computer back in the day and still has their collection and decides they want to archive it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...