IGNORED

Fujinet Hardware 1.4 / 1.5

On 8/29/2021 at 10:57 AM, Brentarian said:

@irich2, If you are running a TNFS server on an RPi, why not also use that RPi as an access point and keep near your Fujinet?

https://thepi.io/how-to-use-your-raspberry-pi-as-a-wireless-access-point/

Great suggestion!  I was thinking that this would wind up being my solution to use wired ethernet with FujiNet in the end.

23 hours ago, Mazzspeed said:

If you want Ethernet, run FujiNet-PC on a RPi. That's what I do and Ethernet works fine.

I have no problem using WiFi, that's just how my RPi400 was configured when I installed FujiNet-PC, so I left it that way.

I haven't heard of this.  Thank you for the suggestion!  I will look into this as another option.

• Like 1

Thank you @mozzwald and @mytek for your feedback about a potential wired/wireless FujiNet.  I agree that the FujiNet servers the vast majority of the Atari community very well in its current state.  The discussion did lead to some excellent suggestions to add a "wired" ability to FujiNet by either (1) using a RPi as a wireless access point (Thank You, @Brentarian!) or (2) using a SIO2PC-USB adapter with the FujiNet-PC project (Thank You @apc and @Mazzspeed!).

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

maybe stupid question, sorry for that > is there someone tried to connect two Atari 800XL through Fujinet to gaming or even better transfer data or making serious work online please? Sorry > quite newbie with Fujinet ...but happy Fujinet card owner over here :)

regards,

Petr O.

6 hours ago, ok1rp said:

Hi all,

maybe stupid question, sorry for that > is there someone tried to connect two Atari 800XL through Fujinet to gaming or even better transfer data or making serious work online please? Sorry > quite newbie with Fujinet ...but happy Fujinet card owner over here :)

regards,

Petr O.

Games:

Midimaze and Warships are 2 other games.

This thread is about FujiNet hardware, you should probably start a new thread topic in this subforum and ask again.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, ok1rp said:

Hi all,

is it possible to read the SD card inserted directly into the Fujinet card slot please? Tried to do it but I see an error in reading.

Thanks for hint.

Petr

Can you please clarify / rephrase your question? Are you not able to access/mount disk images from the SD card on FujiNet?

2 hours ago, ok1rp said:

Well, so sorry for my bad expression...

The goal is to boot SpartaDOS from SD card inserted in Fujinet > so if I am right I have problem to mount disk images from SD card on Fujinet...

Petr

Your SD card should be formatted FAT32 and contain your disk image files. In CONFIG you need a Host Slot named "SD" which, when selected will show the contents of the SD card and you can select a disk image to mount.

If you are getting an error message, please post it here. Also it would be useful to post the serial debug output by connecting Fujinet to a computer, running fujinet flasher, pressing the serial debug output button, try loading a file from SD and copy/paste that info here (in a spoiler tag preferably).

• Like 1