vinniet

Fujinet Hardware 1.4 / 1.5

I see new Fujinet Hardware but not seen anyone selling them.  Also what is new in these new revisions. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, vinniet said:

I see new Fujinet Hardware but not seen anyone selling them.  Also what is new in these new revisions. 

v1.3 had a hardware bug (my fault) that caused issues with flashing the firmware. There is a fix that should be applied to the v1.3 boards (ask your vendor). v1.5 is released with the fix and some other minor tweaks. Changes are listed in the hardware repo readme and on the wiki. There will be a v1.6 with more minor changes: added SD Card detect pin and better SIO voltage measurement, neither issue hinder functionality in older versions.

As for stock on fujinet.online, I build small batches of each revision when I have time and put them up for sale. You can signup to get notified via email from the product page but I don't know when I will be making more so could be a while.

Edited by mozzwald
add (updated) wiki link

12 minutes ago, mozzwald said:

v1.3 had a hardware bug (my fault) that caused issues with flashing the firmware. There is a fix that should be applied to the v1.3 boards (ask your vendor). v1.5 is released with the fix and some other minor tweaks. Changes are listed in the hardware repo readme. There will be a v1.6 with more minor changes: added SD Card detect pin and better SIO voltage measurement, neither issue hinder functionality in older versions.

As for stock on fujinet.online, I build small batches of each revision when I have time and put them up for sale. You can signup to get notified via email from the product page but I don't know when I will be making more so could be a while.

I just thought I'd add that the NUC-FujiNet V1.5 prototype schematic that I posted both here a while back and in my blog, should not be confused with the V1.5 'Stock Atari' Fujinet hardware being discussed by mozzwald's latest post. They are two entirely different boards for two entirely different applications. However thanks to mozzwald's help and code changes both independent designs are benefiting from the new features he mentioned for V1.6.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, mozzwald said:

There is a fix that should be applied to the v1.3 boards (ask your vendor). v1.5 is released with the fix and some other minor tweaks.

I`m very interested to build one.

You made a BOM list. That will help a lot !

May I ask for the name of the shop / website, you got the parts from?

I am a little bit desperate. Trying to find the parts resulted in biting my table.

Greets

Stefan

Edited by Stefan Both

10 minutes ago, Stefan Both said:

May I ask for the name of the shop / website, you got the parts from?

I get my parts from Digikey and/or Mouser in USA. Not sure about any other countries distributors

2 hours ago, wildstar87 said:

I bought 1.4 from the Fujinet site, the changes don't seem to be listed on the github page.

V1.4 has everything on v1.5 except:

• Add ESD (TVS) Protection Diodes for USB input
  • Change USB port footprint to use slots
  • Add 10k pull up resistors for uSD Card

35 minutes ago, wildstar87 said:

Can these be modified on 1.4, or does it need a new PCB?

Needs a new pcb

On 4/16/2021 at 1:53 AM, mozzwald said:

Needs a new pcb

Oops, looks like I bought a 1.3 at the wrong time. I assume I will then need to buy a new Fujinet...

2 hours ago, atarilux said:

Oops, looks like I bought a 1.3 at the wrong time. I assume I will then need to buy a new Fujinet...

Are you having problems with your v1.3?

There is no need to buy a new one unless you want an additional Fujinet to use on another computer. 

7 hours ago, mozzwald said:

Are you having problems with your v1.3?

There is no need to buy a new one unless you want an additional Fujinet to use on another computer. 

No, I am not having any problems but if there is a newer version coming out then it would have been better to have waited. From what  read existing ones cannot be upgraded/flashed to take them to 1.4/1.5, is that correct?

5 minutes ago, atarilux said:

No, I am not having any problems but if there is a newer version coming out then it would have been better to have waited. From what  read existing ones cannot be upgraded/flashed to take them to 1.4/1.5, is that correct?

Every FujiNet hardware version uses the exact same firmware and have 99.9999% the same feature set. You can see the hardware differences in the wiki. Most of the changes are bug fixes. The only (that we are aware of) major problem you could have with v1.3 is the inability to upgrade the firmware due to a hardware bug if your vendor did not apply the fix and this bug only affects some computers, not all.