IGNORED

Intellidiscs Release Thread

Ryan Witmer

1 hour ago, David Alexander said:

@Ryan Witmer Thanks so much Ryan for making this happen on the Atari 5200. Now us Atari 5200 owners can play a Tron themed game on our own console and have the fun that the Intellivision guys had on theirs just with better controllers ;) . I have purchased every game you have made for the 5200 and looking forward to the next.

+1.  Ordered my copy of Intellidiscs as soon as it became available.  Looking forward to Rob 'n' Banks too. 

• Like 4

On 1/2/2022 at 8:16 AM, David Alexander said:

@Ryan Witmer Thanks so much Ryan for making this happen on the Atari 5200. Now us Atari 5200 owners can play a Tron themed game on our own console and have the fun that the Intellivision guys had on theirs just with better controllers ;) . I have purchased every game you have made for the 5200 and looking forward to the next.

Always happy to spread the 5200 joy to Canada.  This game has been kicking around in my head for a long time and it's great to finally have it done.  Thanks for the preorders, I'll try to keep them coming.

On 1/2/2022 at 9:55 AM, sramirez2008 said:

+1.  Ordered my copy of Intellidiscs as soon as it became available.  Looking forward to Rob 'n' Banks too. 

I think Rob 'n' Banks might be playable pretty soon, which is really great.  I also have a nice roadmap that includes two more projects.  Not going to spoil those yet, though.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

I've started a thread to keep everyone updated on the production of all the new pre-order games, including Intellidiscs.  I'm also posting photos as items arrive, such as the boxes, manuals, labels, posters, and other items once I've received them!  

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

..Al

• Like 6

1 minute ago, doctorclu said:

So I bought this game for the 5200 for when that comes out.   Is there a Atari 8-bit computer port yet?

Yes there is, in fact hours after Ryan got finished with the final version of this, Homesoft converted it, and I have it as well since I once owned an XEGS as well as a 5200, so here it is!!!

Intellidiscs.xex

8 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

Yes there is, in fact hours after Ryan got finished with the final version of this, Homesoft converted it, and I have it as well since I once owned an XEGS as well as a 5200, so here it is!!!

Intellidiscs.xex 18.93 kB · 1 download

Awesome thanks!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
AtariAge Day 2022
THIS SATURDAY, LIVE on ZeroPage Homebrew

Saturday, May 21st 2022
12PM PT/3PM ET/7PM GMT

Join us for this year's AtariAge Day hosted by @ZeroPage Homebrew on Saturday, May 21st starting at 12PM PT to see the latest homebrew games for the Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, and Atari Jaguar, as well as live interviews with the developers who created all these great games. Make sure you don't miss this huge event and mark it on your calendars! All the newest games in the AtariAge Store will be unboxed and played during the interviews with developers!

417810186_20220518-AtariAgeDay-Square-Intellidiscs.thumb.jpg.0acddd24bde04b51368dbdd9696428cc.jpg

Releases & Interviews

Atari 2600:
  • Doggone It (2600) by Andrew Pauley @Armscar Coder
  • Escape from the Castle (2600) by Eduardo Vilarinho
  • Game of the Bear (2600) by Vladimir Zuniga @vhzc
  • Hellway (2600) by Octavio Pinho Bokel @Octavio Pinho Bokel
  • LadyBug Arcade (2600) by John Champeau @johnnywc
  • Mr. Yo-Yo (2600) by David Marli @DaveM
  • Pitkat (2600) by Marco Johannes (MarcoJ) and Dyfed Hitchings (Jamtex)
  • RobotWar 2684 (2600) by John Champeau @johnnywc
  • Soul of the Beast (2600) by Michael Christophersson/ΛERIF°RM @flame
  • Unholy (2600) by Leonardo Santiago @Leonardo Santiago
Atari 5200:
  • Intellidiscs (5200) by Ryan Witmer @Ryan Witmer
Atari 7800:
  • Danger Zone (7800) by Lewis Hill @Muddyfunster
  • Dragon's Descent (7800) by Todd Furmanski @Revontuli
  • Knight Guy in Low-Res World – Castle Days (7800) by Vladimir Zuniga @vhzc
  • Wizard's Dungeon (7800) by BydoEmpire @BydoEmpire
Atari Jaguar:
  • Dr. Typo Collection (Jaguar) by Dr. Typo @DrTypo
  • Gravitic Mines (Jaguar) by Lawrence Staveley @CyranoJ and and Ander Lex @agradeneu
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2021 at 9:38 PM, phuzaxeman said:

Ryan, off subject here.  Would you consider in the future to do a 5200 Advanced Dungeons and Dragons?  If you were into the adventure genre that would be a cool port.

Just stumbled onto this thread, I do plan on buying "Intellidiscs", so cool that it seems to be an improvement on the original (controllers).

I have one comment about a future game.  I think Ryan is the perfect homebrewist to right the wrongest wrong that I can remember from the Intellivision years, Imagic's "Swords And Serpents" not having a goddamn ending!!  Sorry, it's just, my hands are shaking.  Since he seems to have nailed the Intellivision look for the 5200 I think it would be cool to give the 5200 another adventure game and also actually give all of us tortured "Swords And Serpents" players some closure.  An actual battle with the boss dragon!  Think of it!  Ryan would get a Nobel Peace Prize for ending all our suffering from the great scam of the no ending ending.  All those screams through the decades, finally answered.  Intellivision players would build shrines to his greatness, name their children after him, weep at his feet in thanks.  An ending, finally!!  We can actually win!  He could even make the dragon practically impossible to kill without the right combination of spells and weapons or something, it would still be fantastic.

Not that I want to put pressure on him, but just imagine the response from the public.  "There he is, son, the man who fixed 'Swords And Serpents'.  I want you to meet him, he saved your father from years of therapy.  Don't look directly at him and remember to bow.  Yes, he's why you were named Ryan Ryne."

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Intellidiscs on a newly UAV svid modded Atari 5200 (thanks ITC!) on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

• Rob 'n' Banks (2022 Retail | 5200) by Phaser Cat Games / Ryan Witmer @Ryan Witmer (Design and Programming) / Konstantinos Giamalidis @TIX (Character and Object Graphics) / Bobby Clark @Synthpopalooza (Sound Effects and Music) / Hrair Abdalian @Henry Lee (Cover Art) / Tony Morse (Manual Layout)
  • Intellidiscs (2021 Retail | 5200) by Phaser Cat Games / Ryan Witmer @Ryan Witmer (Programming) / Bobby Clark @Synthpopalooza (Sound and Music) / G. Tony Morse (Manual Layout) / Vladimir Zuñiga @vhzc (New Identifier Design) / Lou Graziani (Cover Art) / John Calcano @Atariboy2600 (Additional Artwork)
  • Ratcatcher (2016 | 5200) by Phaser Cat Games / Ryan Witmer @Ryan Witmer (Programmed) / Lou Graziani (Additional Artwork)
  • AtariBlast (2016 | 5200) by Paul Lay @playsoft (Code) / Harvey A. Kong Tin (Graphics) / Michał Szpilowski @miker (Flimbo's Quest Music)

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
18 hours ago, phuzaxeman said:

Ryan, had a chance to play Intellidiscs with my son. First time to play 2 player mode.  It's a lot of fun.  Thanks for including that option in the game. 

Glad you enjoy it, and that somebody is playing it!

In retrospect, I wish I would have put a little more into that mode.  A game length selector would have been nice.

On 6/30/2023 at 11:02 AM, Ryan Witmer said:

Glad you enjoy it, and that somebody is playing it!

In retrospect, I wish I would have put a little more into that mode.  A game length selector would have been nice.

You've done a lot with the game already and I'm thankful for that.