IGNORED

Talvisota - a sniper game

donnerkuh

Talvisota 

Use sniper1_0 (Final Version)

I want to show you my new sniper game, Talvisota.

You are a sniper in Finland and the soviet army started a attack at your position. You have to hold your position as long as possible to enable the 
evacuation of civilians. The score shows how many people could flee because of your brave fight.

Take a look at your heart rate (Heartbeat, Livebar). Every missed shot and every surviving enemy will increase your heart rate. A higher heart rate will
make it more difficult to aim targets.  If your heart-rate gets critical high, you will surrender and the game is over.

The only way to lower the heart rate is to hit the tank.

Enemys:

Soldiers. The soldiers try to reach one of the two bunker in the middle. Try to stop them.
Bunker-Machine-Gun - See the fire from out of the bunker and shoot it to stop Machine-Gun fire.
Trucks. They will transport supply for the enemy - set it under fire
Tank. Indestructable with your small gun, but every hit will reduce your heart-rate. Try to hit tanks as often as possible.
Planes. Slow enough to try to shot them down.

Machine-Gun - Small target but it will not disappear. You have time to aim and hit the target

Every hit will be confirmed (red hook) and increase the score (fled civilians)

Please tell me your opinion.

My to do´s: 

- Release game (if someone needs this game?)

- Version073 : Sound completed - hear your heart-beat and feel your increasing stress.

image.thumb.png.cd8e02c6dca11ffb6467d564214d443a.png

sniper032.bas.bin

sniper040.bas.bin

sniper046.bas.bin

sniper070.bas.bin

sniper073.bas.bin

sniper1_0.bas.bin

Talvisota_presentation.jpg

Edited by donnerkuh
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, donnerkuh said:

Switchreset should now work. And now you really get a lower heart-rate if you hit the tank often enough (little bug removed).

Cool, man, I'm loving your game. Yesterday during one of the matches when reaching the scoreboard 260 the game simply stopped, only the crosshairs kept moving, other enemies no longer appeared. I know the game is in development and that future fixes will come. It's just an account of what happened. I like this style of play, we don't have much of that genre in the 2600, as our friend chevy mentioned one of the classics just above, CrossBow.

• Like 1

Oh, the reason is i have to add much more enemys, the "story board" has to be written 10 times longer. After that i will make a loop, maybe with faster enemys. I will do that this weekend. After that i will ask you to test the difficulty.

Good score - try to hit the tank more

Edited by donnerkuh
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, donnerkuh said:

Oh, the reason is i have to add much more enemys, the "story board" has to be written 10 times longer. After that i will make a loop, maybe with faster enemys. I will do that this weekend. After that i will ask you to test the difficulty.

Good score - try to hit the tank more

It will be a pleasure to test the updates. I'm in.

• Like 1

Talvisota this is a game that moves your emotional. If you get carried away by the emotion, you risk losing everything and you will end up surrendering sooner than expected. Maintain common sense and wait for the right moment to hit the enemy target. Like a good soldier maintaining his emotional balance and everything.

My score version 0.40

20210417_175142.jpg

• Like 2

6 horas atrás, donnerkuh disse:

Sua pontuação é ótima - hoje tentei fazer uma pontuação melhor, mas não tive sucesso. Por favor, tente o sniper046. Se você estiver feliz, estarei próximo da versão 1.0

Obrigado Donnerkuh. 

É difícil para mim quebrar meu próprio recorde, mas se eu puder, vou postá-lo aqui. Agora com as novas adições na nova versão. O que são esses objetos caindo do céu, bombas? Até agora não encontrei nenhum bug, relato para ver. O jogo está ótimo, evoluindo muito bem, mal posso esperar pela versão 1.0.  8)

My score version 0.46

20210418_161528.jpg

Edited by alfredtdk
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Lewis2907 said:

Fun game so far. I thought at first it was a glitch until I saw the heart moving to simulate breathing. 

Yes -- the way it is handled reminds me of the biathalon portion of Winter Games -- which is a good thing!

• Like 1

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Talvisota on tomorrow's (Tue Apr 20, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, donnerkuh said:

Too late for germany (deep night). Is there a chance to see the stream later (recording) ? I really need to see it.

You bet, we upload all the streams to our YouTube channel the next day. I'll post a link here for you to watch when it's available.

- James

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew