IGNORED

Add link to wiki from FujiNet Web Admin

@tschak909

Hey Thom,

I don't know if you saw I made a hello world for getting up on Fujinet over in this thread.  

I'd like to see a split in the documentation between Technical information for advanced users and a Series of average use cases to walk a new user through some things non technical users want to do.   Sort of 2 doors, one for advanced users and one for user like my wife, she just wants to do what she wants to do and not have to sift for the answers.

To be honest I'm still figuring it out.  I just ordered my 2nd FujiNet from the brewing academy,  I have around 15 A8's and being able to shoot something from one to the other is going to be a big help. 

I appreciate the post.  I have more suggestions for making the FujiNet more functionally rich but don't know where to put suggestions and I don't want to overwhelm anyone.

Thank you

Edited by Bee

Not sure how feasible this would be to implement, but a pager similar to `less` in the A8 interface would be useful.  It would allow for reading text documents on TNFS servers directly on the A8 without having to switch over to browsing the web UI on a PC.

34 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Not sure how feasible this would be to implement, but a pager similar to `less` in the A8 interface would be useful.  It would allow for reading text documents on TNFS servers directly on the A8 without having to switch over to browsing the web UI on a PC.

How would you see that working?

-Thom

26 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

How would you see that working?

That's a really good question.  I was hoping you might have an idea or two ;)

Let me chew on it for a bit.  My first thought is to have the #FujiNet's TNFS client read the file, then dump it to E: after first clearing the screen.  That doesn't address the pagination part (forward or backward), though, which would require buffers.

Hmm.  Gonna think about it a bit more.

1 minute ago, x=usr(1536) said:

That's a really good question.  I was hoping you might have an idea or two ;)

Let me chew on it for a bit.  My first thought is to have the #FujiNet's TNFS client read the file, then dump it to E: after first clearing the screen.  That doesn't address the pagination part (forward or backward), though, which would require buffers.

Hmm.  Gonna think about it a bit more.

well no, I can see output to the screen but, just basically selecting any file that isn't a disk or cassette or xex file?

-Thom

4 minutes ago, tschak909 said:

well no, I can see output to the screen but, just basically selecting any file that isn't a disk or cassette or xex file?

-Thom

Essentially, yes, but instead of mounting it to a drive slot, use <insert some other key here> to designate that it should be dumped to the screen.  This would mean that any file including binaries could be dumped to the screen, but I'm counting that as an extra feature ;)

Edited by x=usr(1536)

Completely different feature request/suggestion, I'm relying on the webpage as a 1 stop shop.  Any chance of adding a CLI window where we could issue N commands from the webpage.  This would allow configuration and restart.  There should also be an option to hide the CLI for security purposes in configuration.  

One other thing,  If there were a way to flag slots for Basic Enabled/Disabled and toggle the basic on or off would be a huge help I think.

Last if there were a way to load and save the hosts and slots from text files in bulk would be really handy.

Thank you

• Like 1

@tschak909

For the Slots I understand What they are fully.  However my physical disks have albes with notes, Like work with Translator A only, or Boot without Basic.  Notes the digital equivalents don't have.  I'm using a PI server so I'm looking a making a SQLlite Database with a Python frontend to cross reference the notes on the Pi.

Thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1