IGNORED

HSC18 Round 7: CHUCKIE EGG / SUPER BUNNY

On 4/13/2021 at 10:32 PM, carlsson said:

but as I mentioned often those platformers have limbs made out of porcelain and the slightest fall will kill them

I agree, the one "saving grace" of our dear Chuckie Egg

• Like 2

So far:  39,490 on Chuckie Egg.  Haven't tried Super Bunny.

Although this won't become something I go back to often I do prefer games like this over the arcade ports, as I find the original stuff more interesting personally.

I know I can do a *lot* better on Chuckie Egg, just wanted to get a score in there, make sure you know I'm still in this :)

How does the scoring work on Super Bunny?  I just had a run where I managed to clear all of the animals on the first level and after the screen resets my score was... still 0?!?  Somehow even that game ended at 200 points, after I got the carrot that wasn't on the 'bottom' of the platform.

I know I've played this before, unlike Chuckie Egg.  Was this a HSC game like forever ago?  Or did I actually play this in mid 80s?

EDIT: I decided to try another version (atarimania) and now I'm actually scoring points as I go.  I had downloaded the colour version from fandal originally, so there must be some sort of bug with it or something.  So for those inclined, I suggest the Atarimania version.

New best:  825  955

Edited by 8BIT 1337
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 8BIT 1337 said:

I know I've played this before, unlike Chuckie Egg.  Was this a HSC game like forever ago?  Or did I actually play this in mid 80s?

In the HSC Feb-Mar 2007 and as a bonus game in Apr 2011. Good catch about different versions. Atarimania also has the manual which consists of 2 pages of instructions and 14 pages of comic book and credits.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 9:11 PM, carlsson said:

Ok.. I notice that the majority of you are getting scores in the 200K-300K range but clearly I'm a far more mediocre player.

At this moment I'm fairly OK with 35440 pts.

I think you will find you are a mediyolker player carlsson :grin: :-o

On 4/15/2021 at 9:16 PM, Deteacher said:

430,820!  Got to level 32 and it seems next to impossible!  Lots of enemies and mama bird is mad!  

Cracking score Deteacher :ponder:

:thumbsup:

ok first tables as you can see I've improved on Super Bunny, think you need to dispatch the big guy (cat?!) to complete the level, will get him next time! No improvement on C.E. :twisted:

Another week for this one to roll, will start up the Round 8 poll tomorrow :idea: NOW:

>>> Round 8 POLL <<<

Chuckie Egg

1st    Deteacher                   430,820  12pts
  2nd   tompateus                 399,480  11pts
  3rd   McKong                     310,990  10pts
  4th   8BIT 1337                  298,970  9pts
  5th   therealbountybob        282,810  8pts
  6th   Mr Trust                    269,980  7pts
  7th   Caco                        237,570  6pts
  8th   carlsson                     35,440  5pts
  9th   jdh                           33,500  4pts
 10th   Gury                        32,570  3pts
 11th   pusakat                    22,440  2pts
 12th   Sikor                        17,270  2pts

Super Bunny

1pt for playing. 1pt for top score and 1pt for top scoring player who doesn't usually win a HSC round*
  1st   therealbountybob           1,640    2pts
  2nd   tompateus                    1,550    1pt
  3rd   Deteacher                     1,165    1pt
  4th   Gury                            1,000    2pts*
  5th   8BIT 1337                       955    1pt
  6th   Sikor                              200    1pt

Edited by therealbountybob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I got to exactly the same place on Chuck with a slight improvement on score to 284,450.

Having more joy on Super B. still not completed the 2nd stage but picking up the 500 point carrot bonuses helps and improved to 1,860 ;-)

VOTES PLEASE HSCers... >>> Round 8 POLL <<<

• Like 1

9 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

VOTES PLEASE HSCers... >>> Round 8 POLL <<<

Chuckie Egg

At last kept the giant chicken away and got to level 29ish  score 388,910.

Players on real hardware can put the game on 2-4 players and this gives a few extra seconds of free time between each life, whether it's enough to get to the toilet and back I'll leave it for you to decide!

Super Bunny

1,675  I have a couple of freak 2K goes saved on the disks' hall of fame from the past (when I had better reflexes and a better joystick!) :)  Fire is pause - Start continues

Chuckie Egg.jpg

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, therealbountybob said:

Chuckie Egg

Players on real hardware can put the game on 2-4 players and this gives a few extra seconds of free time between each life, whether it's enough to get to the toilet and back I'll leave it for you to decide!

Super Bunny

1,675  I have a couple of freak 2K goes saved on the disks' hall of fame from the past (when I had better reflexes and a better joystick!) :)  Fire is pause - Start continues

Chuckie Egg.jpg

Great tip!! ?

• Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 8:19 PM, therealbountybob said:

Chuckie Egg

Super Bunny

I played Super Bunny for the first time yesterday. I pressed the button to make him jump and I thought it had crashed!

Only scored 200 so I'll try again later 

• Like 1

For Chuckie Egg, you can pause the game (at least on real hardware).  Use the "H" key.  When you start the game and select number of players it is stated at the top line of the screen although not very clear.  The "H" stands for "Hold the game".

Tried it and it does pause and you can restart by moving your character again.    Have not gone enough rounds to need this myself yet.

• Like 1