IGNORED

Found: Rev. C Atari BASIC chips

x=usr(1536)

I'm looking for two Rev. C BASIC ICs.  Just the bare ICs are fine as they're going to be used as on-board Rev. B replacements in a couple of XLs, but I'm OK with reasonably-priced cartridges.  If you have them, let me know!

ICs have been acquired ?

Edited by x=usr(1536)

• 1 month later...

I have two original BASIC C mask ROM's I purchased from B&C, but never ended up using. You're welcome to both for $30 USD (exactly what I paid to B&C)

Another option to consider, is the retro innovation adapters unless your intent is to keep the hardware as authentic as possible, that's understandable:

http://store.go4retro.com/2364-adapter/'

I never ended up using the original mask ROMs because I learned I can program EPROMs with BASIC rev C to work with those adapters if you think you might consider that route. With a larger EPROM you can even add a switch to have 2 or 4 8K replacements, like BASIC C, Assembler/editor, Altirra BASIC, Star Raiders, River Raid, etc

Anyhow PM if you're interested in either option.

14 minutes ago, Nezgar said:

I have two original BASIC C mask ROM's I purchased from B&C, but never ended up using. You're welcome to both for $30 USD (exactly what I paid to B&C) + i can do $3 to mail lettermail to USA.

PM headed your way shortly.

15 minutes ago, Nezgar said:

Another option to consider, is the retro innovation adapters unless your intent is to keep the hardware as authentic as possible, that's understandable:

http://store.go4retro.com/2364-adapter/'

I never ended up using the original mask ROMs because I learned I can program EPROMs with BASIC rev C to work with those adapters if you think you might consider that route. With a larger EPROM you can even add a switch to have 2 or 4 8K replacements, like BASIC C, Assembler/editor, Altirra BASIC, Star Raiders, River Raid, etc

I hear you on that.  Until I have a burner again, though, I'll probably hold off on going the adapter + EPROM route.

FWIW, the two loose Rev. C ROMs that I've been looking for are slated for installation into my modified 600XL and 800XL.  There are a couple of Rev. A cartridges around here that would be good candidates for Rev. C EPROMs to use with the 1200XL, assuming they'll fit in the cartridge with the adapter.

And I may even make up a couple of Rev. B carts with the leftovers for people that I don't like ?

15 minutes ago, x=usr(1536) said:

FWIW, the two loose Rev. C ROMs that I've been looking for are slated for installation into my modified 600XL and 800XL.  There are a couple of Rev. A cartridges around here that would be good candidates for Rev. C EPROMs to use with the 1200XL, assuming they'll fit in the cartridge with the adapter.

And I may even make up a couple of Rev. B carts with the leftovers for people that I don't like ?

At least with the BASIC Rev A carts, they were usually 2 4K 2332's, and not a single 2364 that is used internally in the XL's/XE's, making the chips not conveniently interchangeable. I think??

2 minutes ago, Nezgar said:

At least with the BASIC Rev A carts, they were usually 2 4K 2332's, and not a single 2364 that is used internally in the XL's/XE's, making the chips not conveniently interchangeable. I think??

Don't recall offhand, but I think you may be right.  Burn one high and one low ?