IGNORED

CD Game Support

SainT

33 minutes ago, pkerga said:

The compatibility is excellent for a first public version, congratulations!
I can't transform the ccd files into jcd (nothing happens, it marks "opening .. the file filename" and it closes).
There are random behaviors. I managed to launch the prototype of Black ICE \ White Noise once and since then not possible.

It may be a bad CCD file, or just some other version I don't recognise for whatever reason. Or maybe the IMG is missing and I've not reported this... 

14 minutes ago, pkerga said:

good idear but no space ?

image_2021-04-13_182923.thumb.png.2dc1d7e46bda88ba5dfbd5dfba5cae9f.png

You need to run from the directory the CCD is in. It doesn't translate the path from the CCD to the IMG. So what I said above was right... I'm not reporting a missing IMG but just bailing. ?

WTR doesn't work anyway... ?

Edited by SainT

1 hour ago, SainT said:

This was the issue that was coming up before, it wont run unless the menu is updated -- it has no idea what JCD's are.

Ok, will have to dig into this properly. One thing to try is put the upd on a freshly formatted memory card and rename it firmware.ovr, see if that does it.

There's something really odd going on where the firmware and asic are updating ok, but not the menu.

Ok tried this, and no luck.  I saw it did do its update procedure (the last thing it does is saying updating asic and then it restarts) but the Menu is still v1.05.  

38 minutes ago, doctorclu said:

Up updated the firmware.  Now it selects .jcd files.

First one was not contiguous.  The second file made from the Jagtopia.cdi file (as that is the only other .cdi I could readily find) came up as I believe it would.

So cool.   Now to find more .cdi files to convert.

https://archive.org/details/redump.jaguar.revival

22 minutes ago, Gandor said:

Strangely out of all of those I can't wait to play VidGrid again.  :P

Ok, all I need now, as a Mac user, is a .iso to .cdi converter for imagess created by Mac users.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnpv said:

Ok tried this, and no luck.  I saw it did do its update procedure (the last thing it does is saying updating asic and then it restarts) but the Menu is still v1.05.  

Thanks for trying this -- there's definitely an issue somewhere. I'll downgrade my dev cart back to 2018 and see where the problem is! I'll try and get a fix out in the next day or two.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, nicolaspersijn said:

Having an issue with cd2jag.exe

when i try to open it with by clicking or from cmd I get an error saying that it couldn’t find vcruntime.dll, even though it’s right there in my sys32 folder

Ah, yes, the VC runtimes!

Grab the latest cumulative VC runtime installer from MS here --

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433-9aff-95f26a218cc0

(And it's worth making sure you have the latest installed even if the DLL's are there)

Edited by SainT
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SainT said:

Thanks for trying this -- there's definitely an issue somewhere. I'll downgrade my dev cart back to 2018 and see where the problem is! I'll try and get a fix out in the next day or two.

Thanks SainT! Hopefully its nothing too crazy or stressful to fix! I'm pretty sure I did the Firmware 200522 update in the past, and just didn't check to see if the menu had updated there either.  

Just now, Johnpv said:

Thanks SainT! Hopefully its nothing too crazy or stressful to fix! I'm pretty sure I did the Firmware 200522 update in the past, and just didn't check to see if the menu had updated there either.  

Yeah, that last one did work. :)

I've just done something slightly incompatible somewhere... my own fault for having the two versions! I'm pretty sure it's going to be an easy fix, the slightly irritating part is rolling back everything to the old version.

3 minutes ago, GeorgieBoysAXE said:

So I've tried both the personal FW Link on my cart, and the Zip that was included in this thread, but I'm being taken to a 404 error, was the FW update taken down?

You want the link from pressing OPTION, nothing else will work for newer carts.

If it's giving 404 you've typed it in wrong -- either check it or use the QR code to get the correct URL.

And the firmware in this thread has been removed, yes, as is stated next to the link. It is not updating properly on the older carts.

Edited by SainT

1 hour ago, doctorclu said:

Strangely out of all of those I can't wait to play VidGrid again.  :P

Tried VidGrid for the first time today and it hangs while loading! I'll take another pass at fixing the game which don't run before long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gandor said:

On this one Dragon's Lair was not contiguous and errors in World Tour Racing.

1 minute ago, doctorclu said:

On this one Dragon's Lair was not contiguous and errors in World Tour Racing.

To be clear on this, the not contiguous error is NOT telling you there is anything wrong with the file, it is telling you the file is not contiguous within the file system, i.e. it is not stored on the memory card in a continuous sequential stream of sectors.

As mentioned before, format the memory card, then copy on the JCD files if you have issues with this.

If the CD2JCD tool tells you there are errors, however, there are errors...

Just now, CD-i said:

Was curious and converted my Black Ice White Noise Alpha without errors, but sadly it don't start. But well, only retail atm i suppose ^^

Try it a few times, it does apparently work if you read above. Games like Battlemorph and Bluelightning also suffer from failing to boot quite regularly. Highlander also failed to boot first time testing it again earlier.

I'll get to the bottom of what's going on eventually, but for the moment, try a few times if it appears to black screen.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

I tried many times dragging the ISO or BIN/CUE to that command prompt directly from the folder they are in on my desktop and all they do it pull up IMG burn and doesnt do any conversion of anything. Did I click something wrong?

Be curious to know.  I haven't had any luck with .iso files so far.

40 minutes ago, SainT said:

To be clear on this, the not contiguous error is NOT telling you there is anything wrong with the file, it is telling you the file is not contiguous within the file system, i.e. it is not stored on the memory card in a continuous sequential stream of sectors.

That worked.   Found a way to write it to flash card (took a moment figuring that out using wine)

Dragon's Lair works now.

5 minutes ago, doctorclu said:

Be curious to know.  I haven't had any luck with .iso files so far.

I have stated clearly which file formats are supported — CCD, CUE and CDI.

ISO files are not supported and will not work.

I will look at adding support if there is a requirement, but to be fair, the above formats cover pretty much everything out there.

5 minutes ago, SainT said:

I have stated clearly which file formats are supported — CCD, CUE and CDI.

ISO files are not supported and will not work.

I will look at adding support if there is a requirement, but to be fair, the above formats cover pretty much everything out there.

What I'm sayng is when dragging them to that jag 2 cd program it does nothing.

I should have been more specific tho I tried .cdi and .bin/.CUE and dragged them into the command line prompt program and all it does is pull up IMG burn.

So you are saying they need to be converted to ccd, cue, cdi and THEN dragged to that command prompt program you mean?

Edited by UHATEIT

2 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

What I'm sayng is when dragging them to that jag 2 cd program it does nothing.

So you are saying they need to be converted to ccd, cue, cdi and THEN dragged to that command prompt program you mean?

I support the above file formats, if you have something which isn’t one of them, then yes. The file does not need to be in all of the formats, just pick one.

Currently for images which are in multiple files (CUE and CCD — both have separate data files) the exe needs to be in the same directory as the CD image files before drag and dropping.

So I was able to download the firmware update, but my cart isn't recognizing that the file on their & just continues to boot as if nothing is there--any way to resolve this?

I had to rename the Update, we're good now.

Edited by GeorgieBoysAXE
I goofed

59 minutes ago, SainT said:

Try it a few times, it does apparently work if you read above. Games like Battlemorph and Bluelightning also suffer from failing to boot quite regularly. Highlander also failed to boot first time testing it again earlier.

I'll get to the bottom of what's going on eventually, but for the moment, try a few times if it appears to black screen.

IMG_20210413_215532.thumb.jpg.2e3a6c57ad1f239ca6311af75a0b90f4.jpg

After few tries, i Can confirm, it works !!!

59 minutes ago, SainT said:

Edited by pkerga
  • Like 4