IGNORED

CD Game Support

SainT

6 minutes ago, SainT said:

I support the above file formats, if you have something which isn’t one of them, then yes. The file does not need to be in all of the formats, just pick one.

Currently for images which are in multiple files (CUE and CCD — both have separate data files) the exe needs to be in the same directory as the CD image files before drag and dropping.

OK I get it now. I was dragging them from a folder I have called Jag CD Games. Then dragging them to the command prompt. I'll put them in the same folder as the .exe and drag from there!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SainT said:

Currently for images which are in multiple files (CUE and CCD — both have separate data files) the exe needs to be in the same directory as the CD image files before drag and dropping.

So I got the .cdi to work, how does the multiple files with a CUE archive work in this case?   I imagine the cue file is what directs cd2jcd which file to pull next, can't seem to get the magical incant on this one.  :)

20210413_155441.thumb.jpg.622760dffce5e897519d793863f8a9ec.jpg

(Then I looked at this, realized that the command line app does not like spaces.   Changed the cue file from "battle morph (USA).cue" to  "battlemorph.cue" and it worked fine.)

22 minutes ago, doctorclu said:

So I got the .cdi to work, how does the multiple files with a CUE archive work in this case?   I imagine the cue file is what directs cd2jcd which file to pull next, can't seem to get the magical incant on this one.  :)

20210413_155441.thumb.jpg.622760dffce5e897519d793863f8a9ec.jpg

(Then I looked at this, realized that the command line app does not like spaces.   Changed the cue file from "battle morph (USA).cue" to  "battlemorph.cue" and it worked fine.)

All completely expected output when used incorrectly. 

Wildcards do not work. Bin files do not work. Zip files do not work.

It’s not magic, use only the file types it supports and fully specify the file name (in quotes if needed) and it will work.

• Like 1

Curious: The preview video earlier claimed CD audio was working. If I rip an audio CD to a supported format and convert it to jcd with this tool, will it load up the VLM and play it? In the preview video it looked like the GD was not using the full Jaguar CD BIOS (booted to regular Jaguar BIOS boot screen, not the auto-run VLM like regular JagCD), so I was wondering whether the VLM/full BIOS ROM was there in the GD firmware.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SainT said:

All completely expected output when used incorrectly. 

Wildcards do not work. Bin files do not work. Zip files do not work.

It’s not magic, use only the file types it supports and fully specify the file name (in quotes if needed) and it will work.

:)

Let me start by saying thanks for this, awesome work, love it.

I shared the above as someone who is trying this for the first time.  I had no idea how a .cue file archive works, especially with the cd2jcd.

I'm sure there are others who were just as lost as I was, and I shared what I did for their benefit.

You've had a long day.   Go enjoy a good meal, relax, enjoy.

1 minute ago, doctorclu said:

:)

Let me start by saying thanks for this, awesome work, love it.

I shared the above as someone who is trying this for the first time.  I had no idea how a .cue file archive works, especially with the cd2jcd.

I'm sure there are others who were just as lost as I was, and I shared what I did for their benefit.

You've had a long day.   Go enjoy a good meal, relax, enjoy.

To make sure, you eliminated the spaces and dragged the .cue and it worked for you?

10 minutes ago, cubanismo said:

Curious: The preview video earlier claimed CD audio was working. If I rip an audio CD to a supported format and convert it to jcd with this tool, will it load up the VLM and play it? In the preview video it looked like the GD was not using the full Jaguar CD BIOS (booted to regular Jaguar BIOS boot screen, not the auto-run VLM like regular JagCD), so I was wondering whether the VLM/full BIOS ROM was there in the GD firmware.

No. The CD launching at the moment is from a very small stub loader I wrote which simulates what the CD BIOS does to boot a game CD.

I do have the full CD BIOS compiled for the GD and can boot into VLM but have not tried getting it to work with audio CD’s yet. It’s something I will look into, though!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UHATEIT said:

To make sure, you eliminated the spaces and dragged the .cue and it worked for you?

Yeh worked great after that.   Only changed the .cue file name.

Dragged all the other files into the same folder as cd2jcd.exe also.  (did not change those names)

1 hour ago, SainT said:

I do have the full CD BIOS compiled for the GD and can boot into VLM but have not tried getting it to work with audio CD’s yet. It’s something I will look into, though!

Awesome, this is exciting to hear. Audio+VLM is probably 50% of my JagCD usage.

• Like 5

Here's a list of the one's Ive got working and the ones that aren't working or black screen if anyone wants to know:

Working:

ARNE, Baldies, Battlemorph, Blue Lightning, Braindead 13, Caves of Fear, Demolition Man, Do The Same, Dragon's Lair, Gorf 2000, Highlander, Hoverstrike, Impulse X, Iron Soldier 2, Myst, Native, Philia, Primal Rage, Space Ace, Varuna's Forces

Not working:

Alice's Moms Rescue (will not convert properly), Atomic (will not convert properly), Black Ice White Noise (boots to black screen), Elansar (will not convert properly), JagMIND Bomb Squad (hangs on the first screen and won't go past), Robinson's Requiem (will not convert properly), Ocean Depths (freezes at initial load screen and will not go past), Vid Grid (hangs at "loading" screen), World Tour Racing (boots to a black screen)

On the one's above that will not convert properly, I have the actual CD and tried to rip the images which creates a bin/cue but they still do not want to load for me. 

2 hours ago, mario64 said:

Can anyone please advise on which tool will properly create a usable image for cd2jcd? I've tried IMGBURN, DiscJuggler and CloneCD. None of them produce an image that can be converted to JCD. Please help

ImgBurn should have no problem making a cue and bin for Jaguar cds.  You want to click on create image file from disc, then you want to create a bin file from that.  It will create a cue with it, and the cue file is the one you want to drag and drop on cd2jcd.  I don't know if there's something different you have to do with Jag cds, as I don't own any actual jag cds to try.  This will get you a cue and bin file though that are formats that work with cd2jcd. 

9 minutes ago, PeterG said:

First off all thank you SainT (again :-)). This is cool I will try it out immediatley.

And then I wanted to ask to any pointers to Brett Hull CD. I have never seen that one in the open. Has it been released somewhere and I missed it?

You can always play the rom of it, in all honesty I always felt the rom was better due to crazy slow load times between scenes on the CD one. 

Here is the rom if this helps out so you can at least play this one.

Brett Hull Hockey (homebrew).jag

7 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

You can always play the rom of it, in all honesty I always felt the rom was better due to crazy slow load times between scenes on the CD one. 

Here is the rom if this helps out so you can at least play this one.

Brett Hull Hockey (homebrew).jag 4 MB · 0 downloads

Thank you very much but indeed this one I have. It was just more of a curious question as I saw two people mention it here and I had never seen the CD version in "public". ?

7 minutes ago, PeterG said:

Thank you very much but indeed this one I have. It was just more of a curious question as I saw two people mention it here and I had never seen the CD version in "public". ?

AH all good, whenever I played the game I always preferred the ROM to the CD due to those cut scenes being slow/load times. I imagine it'll be better with the GD tho. I don't know if the bin/cue for the CD is "public" or not, I do have it tho, but its like 700MB so its too large to ad in here I believe. It's also in an MDF/MDS so I'd have to convert it then do the cd2jcd thing. 

1 hour ago, Indcsion said:

Revenge Of The Mutant Camels (v3) have really long loading screens but never go to game

This has never had a CD release.  The only released binary isn't complete (and will crash after level 1) - Full and final version is available in the store on the Jeff Minter cart.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, doctorclu said:

There was an update to run the Jag CD games available this morning.

This is the last message I saw on that:

"** There are definitely still issues with the older carts, this has been removed for the moment **"