IGNORED

CD Game Support

SainT

After trying a bunch various options and having someone else try to convert as well, this is my list of ones that don't load or work. It appears others have noted the same issues with some of these as well so perhaps there will be a fix or someone can diagnose the issue:

-American Hero (converted to jcp but refuses to load at all) *I believe the initial rip I have is encrypted

-Black Ice White Noise (boots to black screen) *It appears others have noted this issue. Ive tried 3 separate BIWN files (V18, V19, and V23)

-JagMIND Bomb Squad (hangs on the first screen and won't go past, game loads just not past this portion)

-Robinson's Requiem (will not convert properly to jcd) *Ripped from the original game, converted to jcd but refuses to load on the GD

-Ocean Depths (freezes at initial load screen and will not go past)

-Vid Grid (hangs at "loading" screen) *It appears others have noted this issue also, Ive tried my own rip from the original CD and 2 other rips I've found and all are the same in the end.

-World Tour Racing (boots to a black screen after ATARI logo) *others have noted this as well, I have tried 2 different rips of this one

3 hours ago, Johnpv said:

ImgBurn should have no problem making a cue and bin for Jaguar cds.  You want to click on create image file from disc, then you want to create a bin file from that.  It will create a cue with it, and the cue file is the one you want to drag and drop on cd2jcd.  I don't know if there's something different you have to do with Jag cds, as I don't own any actual jag cds to try.  This will get you a cue and bin file though that are formats that work with cd2jcd. 

As I said IMGBURN does not work. I’m testing with Dragons Lair and the resulting bin cue is not accepted by cd2jcd

This is everything that didnt work for me.

American_Hero_(Preproduction).jcd Loaded slow but never loaded into game

Ants.jcd Loaded slow but never loaded into game

Blue Lightening (Preproduction).jcd Black Screen

Brett Hull NHL Hockey (Prototype).mdf Couldnt convert it had 93 tracks but the limit is 81

Caves OF Fear (Preproduction) [CRC32-351b28a2].cdi Couldnt convert

Fast Food 64 Holiday Snacks.jcd Loaded slow but never loaded into game

Frogz 64 Christmas CD Rip.jcd Loaded slow but never loaded into game

HMS Raptor.jcd Black Screen

Hover Strike (Preproduction).jcd Black Screen

Iron Soldier 2 (Preproduction).jcd Black Screen

JagMIND Bomb Squad.jcd Stuck on in game loading screen

Jugs.jcd Loaded slow but never loaded into game

Llamatron (v6).jcd Loads but black screen after splash screen

Ocean Depths.jcd Locks on in game loading screen

Revenge Of The Mutant Camels (v3).jcd Loaded slow but never loaded into game

Robinsons_Requiem.jcd Loaded slow but never loaded into game

Soul Star (Preproduction) (encrypted) [CRC32-92065e12].jcd Stuck on Licensed to Atari Screen

Vid Grid.cdi Error data signature when Converting

World Tour Racing.cdi Error data signature when Converting

24 minutes ago, Indcsion said:

This is everything that didnt work for me.

Llamatron (v6).jcd Loads but black screen after splash screen

Revenge Of The Mutant Camels (v3).jcd Loaded slow but never loaded into game

Neither of the above have ever been released as a CD.

HMS Raptor.jcd Black Screen

This works fine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, omf said:

i got an error while attempting to make 'jaguar hockey'

D:\Desktop\cd2jcd>cd2jcd hockey.cdi
Opening hockey.cdi... valid CD image.

Error: Too many tracks in image (93), max 81 tracks.

Ooh, that is interesting. I have a limit of 81 tracks for CD images currently, I'll have to increase that if it uses more. If you can (privately) provide a link to the image I'll take a look.

Edited by SainT

1 hour ago, SainT said:

I've removed the firmware update for the older carts, just hang tight until I sort it out. :)

Checked this morning to see if I have one of the 'older' carts, looks like I do, I shall wait in anticipation!

Have many people tried converting free-to-download homebrew for the CD yet? Or do they fall foul of being iso files? I would like to try some when the update is available.

7 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

are you sure this is not just the unencrypted one that has been making the rounds for a while?

I have 2 versions/files and neither WTR will convert with cd2jcd without errors. 

But I think others have mentioned that game not working for them too. I have a good working CD of the game as well and tried ripping that and it did the same thing. One of the versions I have requires a boot disc so maybe I should rip that one instead?

Another version to try for the older carts --

https://www.retrohq.co.uk/products/jaggd/............zip

** REMOVED ** I'm happy this is working and it's only confusing matters. If you have the "Press OPTION for firmware update." while booting, THEN DO THIS.

I've tested this and it's working on my downgraded dev cart, so it should be good for everyone now. But if I could have confirmation before I start shouting about it, please! :)

** Anyone who tested the previous version, please rename to firmware.ovr as it will not update the microcontroller firmware correctly without this change. Anyone installing from a regular previous firmware, just use as is **

Edited by SainT

Hi,

Firstly, thank you very much for your continued development of this great cart!

Just updated mine and have tried both Baldies and Blue Lightning.  Neither worked first time, but both worked subsequently.  Great stuff.

I have noticed one peculiarity though.  I no longer seem to have background audio to my favourite Jag game Super Burnout...?

Any thoughts please?

Thanks again.

3 hours ago, SainT said:

I've tested this and it's working on my downgraded dev cart, so it should be good for everyone now. But if I could have confirmation before I start shouting about it, please! :)

** Anyone who tested the previous version, please rename to firmware.ovr as it will not update the microcontroller firmware correctly without this change. Anyone installing from a regular previous firmware, just use as is **

Works great on my Jagsd

Edited by SainT
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, str0m said:

Remind me, just put the firmware.ovr file in the SD card root? I will try tomorrow on my SD and report back :)

Unless you tried the previous update and had it fail leaving you on the previous menu version but new microcontroller firmware version just leave it as .upd, otherwise, yes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badolepuddytat said:

Hi,

Firstly, thank you very much for your continued development of this great cart!

Just updated mine and have tried both Baldies and Blue Lightning.  Neither worked first time, but both worked subsequently.  Great stuff.

I have noticed one peculiarity though.  I no longer seem to have background audio to my favourite Jag game Super Burnout...?

Any thoughts please?

Thanks again.

Press "0" when you are playing Super Burnout.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SainT said:

Hi SainT, I tried this, version information says: firmware v1. 09, menu v1. 07 asic v1. 06 stub v1. 03, has that installed correctly? 

The few CD games I've tried is just a black screen. But that might be just me. If anyone has any freeware jcd they definitely got working and willing to share, it would be helpful to test out thanks. 

EDIT: Ignore me, fasting brain. I think what I've done is mistakenly thought I had an old cart when I have a new one. I will "attempt" to patch to the one I should be on...

Edited by SainT

14 minutes ago, Mikebloke said:

Hi SainT, I tried this, version information says: firmware v1. 09, menu v1. 07 asic v1. 06 stub v1. 03, has that installed correctly? 

The few CD games I've tried is just a black screen. But that might be just me. If anyone has any freeware jcd they definitely got working and willing to share, it would be helpful to test out thanks. 

I suspect you have a new cart. Hit OPTION when prompted to on boot up and use the link provided.

DO NOT USE THIS IF YOU HAVE A NEWER CART, IT WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY.

** Previous links removed for my sanity. **

Edited by SainT