IGNORED

CD Game Support

SainT

On 4/15/2021 at 10:33 PM, Mitch said:

That is the exact same one I am using. Maybe I have bad dumps even though they convert and load without any errors. I will try re-dumping my discs with a few different settings and see if I can get it to work.

Thanks,

Mitch

So I finally got mine working by renaming the firmware to firmware.ovr. Of course, then it reloaded the firmware every time I restarted it. So I deleted the firmware from the card and then it wouldn't boot, just asked to update the firmware. Went to the website and re-downloaded the firmware, it updated again and now it is working correctly.

Not sure what happened since I have a new JagGD and thought I was using the newest firmware. Kind of strange, but I guess as long as it is working, that is the important part.

Mitch

13 hours ago, Mitch said:

So I finally got mine working by renaming the firmware to firmware.ovr. Of course, then it reloaded the firmware every time I restarted it. So I deleted the firmware from the card and then it wouldn't boot, just asked to update the firmware. Went to the website and re-downloaded the firmware, it updated again and now it is working correctly.

Not sure what happened since I have a new JagGD and thought I was using the newest firmware. Kind of strange, but I guess as long as it is working, that is the important part.

Mitch

I don’t understand why some carts are not updating and requiring a rename to ovr, really strange. 

It sounds like you turned the power off during an update, hence resulting in a corrupted firmware prompting for a fresh install. This is to be expected. Likewise repeating the update is to be expected, the overwrite feature was only put in as a back door for my use, I did not really expect it to be used often.

And the CD firmware was released after the last batch of carts went out to retailers, so it’s not possible for it to have been preinstalled.

@SainT What does this cd2jcd error mean and how do you prevent it?  "ERROR: data signature not found"

Found 2 sessions, 5 tracks.
Writing track 01, session 00, 7 MB...
Writing track 02, session 01, 1 MB...
  ERROR: Data signature not found
Writing track 03, session 01, 311 MB...
Writing track 04, session 01, 60 KB...
Writing track 05, session 01, 152 KB...

CD ISO has errors, this *WILL NOT WORK*.

Edited by mario64

1 hour ago, mario64 said:

@SainT What does this cd2jcd error mean and how do you prevent it?  "ERROR: data signature not found"

I got this on a few of my images that I ripped from CDRs. I assume that means they weren't burned very well and now won't rip cleanly.

Mitch

Workflow I've used to convert ccd to cdi:

1) Not necessarily needed, but I don't like installing / uninstalling programs on main pc: Create Windows 7 32 bit Virtual Machine

2) Use Daemon Tools Lite to create virtual disk and mount ccd image

3) Use Discjuggler 6 to convert virtual cd to cdi file

Now you can take the cdi file and run it through cd2jcd.  On the 3 ccd games I had they all ended up working fine on the Game Drive

Another advantage of having a Win 7 32 bit vm, is the old Atari program romsplit is 32 bit only.  If you rip any of your cartridges, romsplit very quickly creates a working rom file.   You can use dosbox on a 64 bit machine, but romsplit runs really really slow in it.

EDIT

On game Soulstar boots fine passing verification (Atari screen with rotating cube).  It goes to the Atari presents screen and freezes there.

Not sure , but it could be microsd card related.  I have 2 different Class 10 cards (U1) and there are games that run on one but not the other.  I have a Class 10 (V30) card coming in soon and will see if that faster card makes a difference.

Edited by rayik
fix spelling / added about Soulstar
  • Like 1

Both of my computers refuse to work with Discjuggler which is the program that can create a .cdi for the conversion. I'm hoping the ccd and bin/cue function comes back working for the cd2jcd program as I have no problems with alcohol120% creating ccd and imgburn creating bin/cue

3 hours ago, UHATEIT said:

Both of my computers refuse to work with Discjuggler which is the program that can create a .cdi for the conversion. ...

Note that you MUST have a CD rom/burner connected or DiscJuggler will not even start.

If it's the installation giving you issues, you can literally just use 7zip to open up the installer (right click on setup.exe and 7zip->open archive) and manually extract all contents somewhere and run Cdj.exe out of the extracted files (that's it at least on my win10 64bits) .... the trial mode is enough for creating cdi files from actual CDs.

PS: I tried using ImgBurn to get a CUE/BIN from WTR but cd2jcd cannot really consume that CUE file correctly (it thinks every track is 600+MB so obviously a bug in cd2jcd interpretation of CUE files), but when I used DiscJuggler on the same CD I got a cdi file that cd2jcd converts just fine (yes it locks if you try to actually play WTR as reported already but the "attract mode" works).

7 hours ago, Mitch said:

I got this on a few of my images that I ripped from CDRs. I assume that means they weren't burned very well and now won't rip cleanly.

Mitch

There is a header and trailer on the data tracks which I look for to confirm the data is OK, if you get an error saying they don't exist, it means the track has been ripped badly.

1 hour ago, phoenixdownita said:

PS: I tried using ImgBurn to get a CUE/BIN from WTR but cd2jcd cannot really consume that CUE file correctly (it thinks every track is 600+MB so obviously a bug in cd2jcd interpretation of CUE files), but when I used DiscJuggler on the same CD I got a cdi file that cd2jcd converts just fine (yes it locks if you try to actually play WTR as reported already but the "attract mode" works).

Yes, expect there are issues with the CUE/BIN stuff, I added that in just for the redump set, so I've only tested those. Those were multi-bin CUE files, which I didn't think was "normal", but then I've not used CUE files in about 20 years, so my memory is fuzzy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SainT said:

Yes, expect there are issues with the CUE/BIN stuff, I added that in just for the redump set, so I've only tested those. Those were multi-bin CUE files, which I didn't think was "normal", but then I've not used CUE files in about 20 years, so my memory is fuzzy.

It is definitely normal for redump, and for most of my time burning game discs. Of course you can do the whole disc into a single bin, the audio can be bin or wav, you can even use iso but that's just file extensions. The redump standard which is becoming the flash cart standard in many places, is always one file per track.

Can anyone shed light on what the data signature error in cd2jcd means? 

8 minutes ago, mario64 said:

Can anyone shed light on what the data signature error in cd2jcd means? 

Yep, I posted a few posts back about this --

There is a header and trailer on the data tracks which I look for to confirm the data is OK, if you get an error saying they don't exist, it means the track has been ripped badly.

25 minutes ago, mario64 said:

Thanks Saint. Sorry I missed that. I don’t get it though. I used Redunp’s own DiscImageCreator tool with a supported Plextor drive. No errors at all during the rip

It's quite possible the CD2JCD is just not picking it up correctly...

If you send me a link to the image over I'll see if it's the image at fault or whether the tool needs fixing.

15 minutes ago, SainT said:

And I will get on and fix the outstanding issues with the CD tool before long! I've had some "actual work" to do, so I've not had the time... ?

Totally understandable.  Thanks for letting us play with this in the beta stage.  Got the two games I wanted to get working and played the hell out of them.  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SainT said:

If you send me a link to the image over I'll see if it's the image at fault or whether the tool needs fixing.

Thanks again. Tried sending you a DM but it says you cannot accept them.

6 hours ago, SainT said:

I can get you one if you still need it.

Thanks,

Mitch

Amazing work on this! I am so excited to be able to play Jaguar CD Games! The game drive is a dream come true. I did one report initially I ran into today. I was playing blue lightning, no issues. Finish the training courses at the beginning. When it was time to select an actual mission, the game froze. Was such a bummer! I’ll have to try again. Anybody experience this yet?