IGNORED

CD Game Support

SainT

1 hour ago, SainT said:

I’m pretty sure someone else said something similar about having to delete files and then re-add them. I really don’t understand how this could be an issue, but it certainly does seem to be for some.

Yeah it's odd. Do you know what would cause files to have to be deleted and re added all together. This only happened to the CD files not at all with any rom files.  What causes the corruption to begin with? I'm not sure how it is an issue either but it is odd and only happened after doing a firmware update, they worked fine beforehand.

Edited by UHATEIT
Adding

1 hour ago, SainT said:

I’m pretty sure someone else said something similar about having to delete files and then re-add them. I really don’t understand how this could be an issue, but it certainly does seem to be for some.

For me I re-download all JagCD, reconvert, reformat sd card and same thing at my video 

• 1 month later...

@SainT I'd also love to know if Memory Track functionality might come our way sometime in 2022. I'm super-excited to have CD support, but I've held off on the firmware update because pretty much all of the games I want to play -- namely, the Jaguar CD exclusives -- rely on saving your progress. Some of them have cheat codes to skip to later levels, but I'm not really a "use a cheat code" player these days.

I hope this question doesn't come off as nagging, by the way! It's certainly not meant to be, as I recognize that having CD support at all is miraculous. It's only that I don't have a clear sense of whether Memory Track support is more akin to "a problem that's on the verge of being solved", or "something that will take months of research and may never happen at all because there are major technical hurdles".

• Like 1

Not nagging at all! I've got so much going on in general that the more (polite) noise is made about a specific feature the higher up my mental list it will be.

I will definitely be getting memory trak working, yes. From my brief look at it, it shouldn't be too difficult to implement I don't think.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

2 hours ago, SainT said:

Not nagging at all! I've got so much going on in general that the more (polite) noise is made about a specific feature the higher up my mental list it will be.

I will definitely be getting memory trak working, yes. From my brief look at it, it shouldn't be too difficult to implement I don't think.

Wonderful! Thanks so much, SainT. That will definitely have a big impact on this end-user's experience. :) Having beaten and enjoyed Cybermorph and Hover Strike, playing through the sequels will be like watching the long-awaited follow-ups to two films I liked.

Is there any improvement to yet be found in the loading itself?  I ask because I find that loading some games is still problematic...

Yesterday I formatted for a second time a new Sandisk Extreme microSD, copied over a folder of what are apparently working JCDs - and although most JCDs are now loading (after several attempts), not BattleMorph.  I've tried a couple of different microSDs, formatted and reformatted, etc.  No success with BM - I get the opening title page and that's it.  I've read through the support posts and don't really see where I'm making an error...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, teuton17 said:

Anyone want to swap tested JCD files?  I have a set done, willing to swap. 

You want to be careful with posts such as this.  AtariAge doesn't want to be seen as promoting the unauthorized copying of software.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teuton17 said:

So you are going to school me on Google like I'm a noob. I was building software (best selling PC graphics software in the world) probably before you were born or out of diapers. How's that for subtle?  I am straightforward, excuse me.

Wow - didn't realize you were such a powerful and important individual.  I guess this is the part I kneel down and kiss your ass.  BTW - regarding the subtlety part.  I'll be direct.  It was a joke you dumb fuck and if you were subtle or nice, you'd have received help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, teuton17 said:

Nice try at a cover, like your response was meant to be a joke.

If you don't like what people post, don't respond.  Your use of name calling marks you as being low on the maturity and mental scale, so you are proving yourself to everyone again.

Not trying to cover at all.  Your use of "I've been a bad ass programmer since you've been in diapers" is really telling too.  Typical internet tough guy, a real keyboard warrior.  You'll fit in perfectly around here.  Drop in, ask for ROMs, display great personality.  Everything we've come to love in the Jag scene.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SainT said:

For the moment I'm trying my hardest to sort out ways around the current parts shortages and keep products available for purchase, so I've got little time to do anything productive. :(

I will get back to it all, though!

That's ok, I was trying to 1) make another vote saying this was wanted 2) getting things back on topic.  :)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Press option when booting when it says ‘Press OPTION for firmware update’ then use the QR code or link provided. The update url will be displayed on the screen along with the QR code with the same link. If you get the serial number, press option again. Sometimes I have heard peoples controller buttons are sticky and they end up on the serial number screen and try and use that.