IGNORED

CD Game Support

SainT

On 2/3/2024 at 8:30 AM, teuton17 said:

I have used Micro Center and SanDisk cards for the Jag GD successfully

Just to add a data point.  I've been using the slower/cheapest (all black ones) Microcenter microSD 32gb card and so far no skips or issues.  If I do, I might try their blue/cyan ones which are supposed to be faster.

On 3/1/2024 at 10:58 AM, doctorclu said:

In all these that worked well, did Battlemorph run alright on them?

Battlemorph intro FMV and actual game seem to run fine.

https://streamable.com/3wrmpq

atari-jaguar-battlemorph.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RockLobster said:

Just to add a data point.  I've been using the slower/cheapest (all black ones) Microcenter microSD 32gb card and so far no skips or issues.  If I do, I might try their blue/cyan ones which are supposed to be faster.

Battlemorph intro FMV and actual game seem to run fine.

https://streamable.com/3wrmpq

atari-jaguar-battlemorph.jpg

I have tried various high spec cards with little consistentsy. Some work some don't on a different card and reformat rewrite. Unfortunately I'd did not know CD support was more less not full supported when I bought my cart. I am now waiting for the Dev to assume full official support before I waste more of my time...

3 hours ago, acem77 said:

I have tried various high spec cards with little consistentsy. Some work some don't on a different card and reformat rewrite. Unfortunately I'd did not know CD support was more less not full supported when I bought my cart. I am now waiting for the Dev to assume full official support before I waste more of my time...

I think its posted on the website that CD functionality was not ever a guarantee. However needing to remove the CD player to use the GD should have never been an issue.

I wasn't aware of the list of broken features. Like USB cable transfers. That's unfortunate. I know a chunk of people bought it for those functions. Hopefully he'll get back to all this. 

45 minutes ago, JagChris said:

I wasn't aware of the list of broken features. Like USB cable transfers. That's unfortunate.

What was supposed to have been the "USB cable transfer"?   Like you plug your cartridge into your PC to read/write to the microSD card instead of a microSD card reader/writer?

1 hour ago, JagChris said:

I wasn't aware of the list of broken features. Like USB cable transfers. That's unfortunate. I know a chunk of people bought it for those functions. Hopefully he'll get back to all this. 

What list?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RockLobster said:

What was supposed to have been the "USB cable transfer"?   Like you plug your cartridge into your PC to read/write to the microSD card instead of a microSD card reader/writer?

You can use the cart as a dev tool. It works... not sure who says it doesn't?

Edited by SainT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JagChris said:

I think its posted on the website that CD functionality was not ever a guarantee. However needing to remove the CD player to use the GD should have never been an issue.

The CD and the cart use the same interrupts, which is a physical connection, hence cant be used together.

What is broken about USB?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SainT said:

The CD and the cart use the same interrupts, which is a physical connection, hence cant be used together.

What is broken about USB?

Someone just posted a list of stuff I thought it listed an issue transferring via USB port.  I'll have to go back and look. I know the USB cable transfer functionality was a bit of a draw for a few. 

@SainT thank you for making this thing a reality!  Sorry for the off topic, but have you had a chance to look into the GDFS issue posted here?  

Would it help to post this in this channel instead?

And thanks again for all of your efforts here!

• Like 1