SainT

CD Game Support

Thanks for the response. For whatever reason yesterday I was getting a 404 error  on tge site. It worked this morning though. Thanks for the quick response.

On 2/13/2022 at 3:41 AM, SainT said:

Press option when booting when it says ‘Press OPTION for firmware update’ then use the QR code or link provided. The update url will be displayed on the screen along with the QR code with the same link. If you get the serial number, press option again. Sometimes I have heard peoples controller buttons are sticky and they end up on the serial number screen and try and use that.

Those of us with OSSC devices likely will not see the first screen due to the "sync" delay.  But you can hit the "option" button blind at startup and get the QR code.

SainT, I don't know if it will be very complex or just something numerical to implement, but please, can you update the GameDrive CD ISO Converter program to support more than the limit of 81 tracks? I have created the "Jaguar Hockey" CD ripp in .CDI format and this game contains 93 tracks but the "cd2jcd" v1.0 doesn't like it... :P 

Thanks

I'm loving the GameDrive's CD support, thank you -- excellent work.

The only game that I can't wait to get working, largely for nostalgic reasons, is VidGrid. I played this game a ton as a kid and have tried to get the old Windows version (using emulation) but could never get it to actually work. At this point the only way for me to play this game is to buy a JagCD. I love the game, but not that much!

Any update on if we can expect VidGrid anytime soon? Surely I'm not the only one waiting for this MTV-era masterpiece!

Both my jags behave the same with CD games.
-VidGrid freezes when loading title screen
-Battlemorph has the same music glitch (which sounds actually cool lol it reminds me of synthesized robotic distortion sounds from vintage tech/futuristic shows). It also sometimes boots/doesn't boot...
-World Tour Racing gives a black screen seconds around the start of the attract after giving me several iterations of the title screen when trying to access a menu(pushing buttons)
It's on a brand new defragged Sandisk Extreme 32
Idk if it's useful info or not, i may try a different SD card to see if results vary.🔬

• Thanks 1

Yes, very much the same pattern I am seeing. I will get back to the Jaguar before too long. Far too many things on my plate, as it were... 😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SainT said:

Yes, very much the same pattern I am seeing. I will get back to the Jaguar before too long. Far too many things on my plate, as it were... 😄

Hate to nag - is the ability to run the VLM still planned?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Hate to nag - is the ability to run the VLM still planned?

Yes, I have had VLM running, but I've not had it actually hooked up to an audio CD image.

• Like 3