IGNORED

Replcement or 3D file for FB portable D-Pad

So I finally got a 3D printer and was also coincidently playing my FB portable recently and remembered that back when I bought it where was an online seller with a replacement D-Pad that was supposed to be an improvement.  Figuring there was one I could print I started searching around and either my search-fu is weak but neither is anywhere to be found.  I can't find any reference to one being sold and the only 3D printable one I've seen referenced is the one @Fireslayer26 mentioned but he seems to have only been here briefly and that was almost a year ago.  Thingaverse doesn't seem to have one either.  I've not yet attemped to model or make aything from scratch and even if I had I wouldn't know what needed to be done to improve it.

My first hope is that someone has or can point me to a existing model that I can print on my 3D printer.  Short of that any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

4 hours ago, Draxxon said:

Thanks for the reply! I saw that one as well but its appears to be for a different handheld.  It has 3 tabs around the outside but the flashback has 4.  I'm not sure about the size and since I've brand new to 3D printing I've not modified or created an object yet.  If I can't find an existing one then trying to modify that one might be my next step.

The guy you're talking about no longer has his stl file.  I have one of his and it is definitely nicer than the stock Dpad that just had the circle with 4 raised lines, although I did have to modify it with some epoxy filler.  The FB Portables have 2 different Dpads - one is much taller than the other.  If you ever get around to modeling one yourself, and don't mind sharing, please do.  I'd love to print a couple.

If I ever do I will indeed share.  Any tips or examples to help me identify what exactly is needed to make it perform better would be appreciated.  I thought I remembered something about the original improved version having a small nub at the very center of the underside to make it harder to simultaneously hit multiple or incorrect directions but I'm not certain of that.

It's been a while since I had mine open, but I do believe there's a nub underneath.  What you'll need to do is take your Dpad out and make some precise measurements... I'd imagine anyway.  I've only printed, not created 3D models so far.

One thing I would suggest is keeping the bottom of the Dpad solid (besides the nub of course).  That was the area I had to fill in on the other 3D print because it didn't line up perfectly with the rubber pads underneath.