IGNORED

Incognito Firmware Newest not FJC

bandit

Looking for The version Lotharek put's in the board, I just bought the FJC , but want the other instead.

I have the 2012 Board, but I remember it has things the new version does not use. My 2012 Incognito

works great, I figured that lotharek version is the same as old only newer.

1 hour ago, bandit said:

Looking for The version Lotharek put's in the board, I just bought the FJC , but want the other instead.

I have the 2012 Board, but I remember it has things the new version does not use. My 2012 Incognito

works great, I figured that lotharek version is the same as old only newer.

You CANNOT.

I bought one of those (latest, to replace my defunct backup) and, lo-and-behold, he LOCKED THE BOARD as first-time write-only (!)

I could not back-up existing CPLD / JED code from my OWN  board... ?☹️

Edited by Faicuai

1 hour ago, Faicuai said:

You CANNOT.

I bought one of those (latest, to replace my defunct backup) and, lo-and-behold, he LOCKED THE BOARD as first-time write-only (!)

I could not back-up existing CPLD / JED code from my OWN  board... ?☹️

But the BIOS doesn't live in the JED/CPLD.  That lives in the flash rom.  Surely he hasn't locked the ability to run a different firmware?

Production Front

The BIOS is on the 39SF040 (square chip).  If you somehow brick it when flashing, pop it out and use a TLC-866 or similar programmer.

11 minutes ago, Stephen said:

But the BIOS doesn't live in the JED/CPLD.  That lives in the flash rom.  Surely he hasn't locked the ability to run a different firmware?

Production Front

The BIOS is on the 39SF040 (square chip).  If you somehow brick it when flashing, pop it out and use a TLC-866 or similar programmer.

Not bricked, just bought it and want the normal Bios, not the FJC as I have lost some compatablity with the newer version.

Same - I treat the original BIOS like Internet Explorer.  It's good enough to power the machine on so you can flash the newer BIOS (or install another browser), then I don't look back :)

As asked - what are you having issues with?  FJC is active on the board, if there are bugs, please post them and I'm sure they will be corrected.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

But the BIOS doesn't live in the JED/CPLD

Absolutely!

I have a whole rail of good SSTs that I got for back-up and quick replacement. 

It's just that when I read "Lotharek Incognito" I immediately associated the question with what I had trouble with (CPLD / JED back-up). Never had an issue with main Bios other than my own dumb-ass gymnastics to get it bricked from time to time... ?

Edited by Faicuai

43 minutes ago, Faicuai said:

Absolutely!

I have a whole rail of good SSTs that I got for back-up and quick replacement. 

It's just that when I read "Lotharek Incognito" I immediately associated the question with what I had trouble with (CPLD / JED back-up). Never had an issue with main Bios other than my own dumb-ass gymnastics to get it bricked from time to time... ?

Yea, back about 2013 you sent me a version you added a couple things in which iam still using today.. I bought a NEW one with the FJC and things are not working, installed 10+ times try'n different settings, with no luck so instead of messing any more I thought a simple request to put stock one in.

8 minutes ago, bandit said:

Yea, back about 2013 you sent me a version you added a couple things in which iam still using today.. I bought a NEW one with the FJC and things are not working, installed 10+ times try'n different settings, with no luck so instead of messing any more I thought a simple request to put stock one in.

Ok, PM-me and we can pick it up from there (if you prefer so).

Substantial changes and improvements since 2013 version, here.

Edited by Faicuai

13 hours ago, Stephen said:

Same - I treat the original BIOS like Internet Explorer.  It's good enough to power the machine on so you can flash the newer BIOS (or install another browser), then I don't look back :)

As asked - what are you having issues with?  FJC is active on the board, if there are bugs, please post them and I'm sure they will be corrected.

This is not any of Jon's BUGS, I just wanted to try the stock BIOS and if it does same then The board is bad, If not then it's me running it.

26 minutes ago, xxl said:

what's the problem with asking Lothark for the original BIOS upgrade program?

Already did, and have not heard back.

Running my old Incognito , not putting back NEW until I get BIOS>

Thanks !!

Edited by bandit

1 hour ago, DrVenkman said:

You still never replied to my question asking you what, exactly, doesn't work on Jon's BIOS versus the original.

A lot to type, No cartridge, No SIO Port IE floppy, Fujinet, games that work on old and not new is LONG. Kronis rift, Elildon ect.... I have a file to try , as soon as I feel like it I will reinstall NEW board and run it.

PS: once I can try the Stock version, I will know if the board is good/bad, it's a long way back to poland ..

Edited by bandit

33 minutes ago, bandit said:

A lot to type, No cartridge, No SIO Port IE floppy, Fujinet, games that work on old and not new is LONG. Kronis rift, Elildon ect.... I have a file to try , as soon as I feel like it I will reinstall NEW board and run it.

None of that is related to Jon's BIOS. Some games may fail to load from the CF card because of copy protection or custom SIO routines (uncracked or poorly-cracked Lucasfilm games) but they will all run from an external device. 

EDIT: Rescue on Fractalus running on my Incognito 800 booted from my FujiNet, which you can see plugged into the SIO port. 

CF74FFDE-6B62-47D6-AC0A-BF91E1505D37.jpeg

EF862943-2C60-4418-85F5-7CEFFE065C39.jpeg

Edited by DrVenkman
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Faicuai said:

Only from SIO and to a point... since KR requires direct SIO access and will by-pass everything.

KR will not boot from HD-hosted .ATR, sadly.

It boots fine off locally hosted FujiNet on my 600XL with U1MB and FJC BIOS here...

xfGwW3w.jpg

Edited by Mazzspeed
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kyle22 said:

It continued booting and works fine.

BIOS bypassed... Direct SIO....

You can test this way:

1. Attach KR .atr on D1: (Side Loader, HD)

2. Attach KR .atr on D!: on SIO

3. Boot from HD, and watch how the rest moves on its own to SIO.

Alternate Reality is the same, IIRC.

Edited by Faicuai
  • Like 2

Problem Solved.

So I took a eeprom from an atariMAX cartridge and did Jon's Newest Bios 512k and still testing but

It's working , booted Fujinet, games ect.. still need to check, but it looks like I will be able to put it

in other 800.

Must have been a Bad burn on the one that shipped. Which was what I was thinking.

• Like 2