IGNORED

MDOS V7.30 Survey

9640News

Have you upgraded to MDOS 7.30  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Have you upgraded to MDOS 7.30? (multiple choices possible)

• No. I do not have a Geneve.
    • Yes, I have upgraded.
    • No, not yet. I am still using V6.50.
    • No, not yet. I am still using a V2.xx or lower as I do not have a memory upgrade.
    • Yes. I am booting MDOS from Disk.
    • Yes. I am booting MDOS from a Horizon Ramdisk.
    • Yes. I am booting MDOS from a Myarc HFDC.
    • Yes. I am booting MDOS from a SCSI card.
    • Yes. I will be booting MDOS from a TIPI card.
    • Yes. I have a PFM/PFM+ and a HFDC DREM configuration.
    • Yes. I have a PFM/PFM+ and a SCSI SCSI2SD configuration.
    • Yes. I have a PFM/PFM+ and a IDE with IDE emulated drive configuration.
    • I will be. I am waiting for a revised/final Geneve boot eprom for the new bootable devices.
    • I will be. Waiting to see what results with a TIPI eprom testing for the Geneve to know if I need 1 or 2 eprom updates.
    • I plan on acquiring an IDE card for the Geneve if possible.
    • I plan on acquiring a TIPI/PI for the Geneve now that MDOS is released.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'm actually waiting on eprom. Should be here today or tomorrow.

I'll be ordering a tipi for my latest PEB gather. Oh, waiting on that PEB to arrive.

Darn, I need a damn table. . shoot.

BTW, do we have a web developer. Anyone want to make a consolidated TI web site for TIPI access, filing, docs, etc . only compatible to TIPI access using Stuarts web tools?

I have not had the time to sit down and configure my TIPI and IDE-card, I have decided to buy a v0.99 eprom, but to boot from TIPI then I would likely need to upgrade the TIPI eprom too from what I have read.

It's a lot of information to digest and learn, so it may take a while until I have managed to boot for TIPI or IDE.

Still, I'm very happy and thankful! ?

• Like 1

I was tinkering with the PFM+ & the standard Geneve, RamDisk, 80T DDCC-1 and HFDC when 730 suddenly came out.

The standard Gene is Bios 1.0, so no first candidate at the moment for a new chip (I love the boot menu there),

but maybe I will throw the 0.99 in for some testing. Will see...

The PFM has Bios 5.0 but I will definetely wait with fllashing 801. Am happy that I just got running it now....

But MDOS730 boots already from disk on both machines and works. Waiting for some IDE-Controllers, still have to check/experience my DREM, the SCSI, WDS-100 Personality with WD1001-Board, and also 2 TIPIs are waiting and some things more :) At the moment I am tinkering around with an universal AUTOEXEC for all systems and drives, just to have one (or same) boot disk for all.

Did read HFDC manual and some more, Gene manual is in work, but less time at the moment.

Just let see what happens :)

2 hours ago, Ksarul said:

Make sure you have a new battery on the Personality Card before you try to test it, @Schmitzi. Bad batteries on those boards can cause all kinds of weird errors.

Should we have a battery on board, Jim? Schmitzi and I talked about his batteries in a thread a couple of years ago. Mine never had one, as someone in the past removed it. Never used the card, so don't know if it is necessary?

29 minutes ago, RickyDean said:

Should we have a battery on board, Jim? Schmitzi and I talked about his batteries in a thread a couple of years ago. Mine never had one, as someone in the past removed it. Never used the card, so don't know if it is necessary?

I think lack of a battery may not be a problem, but an unreliable voltage coming out of one definitely causes issues.

• Like 2