IGNORED

JAG2GEN - Jaguar AV to Genesis Cables

Doomy Doomer

Hey All! In a few weeks I'll be releasing my JAG2GEN Jaguar AV adapter. This adapter allows you to connect Sega Genesis (Model 2) AV cables to your Atari Jaguar. This provides a more common and readily available solution for connecting your Atari Jaguar to an SDTV or HDTV. The JAG2GEN works great with HD Retrovision cables (Genesis Model 2) and works even better with HD Retrovision cables connected to a scan converter like OSSC. 

I've created a sign up list for anyone interest:
https://www.humblebazooka.com/product/jag2gen-jaguar-av-to-genesis-cables/

jag2gen_01.jpg

(pre-production shell subject to change upon release)

Features:

• Supports Genesis Model 2 AV cabes
  • Supports HD Retrovision cables
  • Allows you to use an OSSC or RetroTink to upscale for better video quality
  • Properly attenuated sync
  • Custom designed and professionally assembled PCB
  • Custom designed 3D printed shell

FAQ:

Q) What is the JAG2GEN?
A) The JAG2GEN is an adapter that simply converts your Jaguar’s AV signal to that of a Genesis model 2 AV cable.

Q) Will it make my picture quality look better
A) Not by itself but the JAG2GEN captures your Jaguar’s RGB signals allowing a scan converter to make your Jaguar games look amazing.

Q) Why not straight to HDMI?
A) Converting and upscaling 240p signal from RGB requires a lot of development time in hardware and software, requiring hardware that would inflate the cost of this adapter to the end user. I wanted to develop something simple that anyone can afford and use.

Q) Is this the same thing as Helder's "JAG2SNES" adapter?

A) It's very similar and uses a similar circuit and components. The JAG2SNES was actually my idea I pitched to Helder who then made the PCBs. I designed the shell, did all the R&D testing, and we eventually got the adapter to market. I've learned from that experience and decided to make my own adapter and offer an option for people with Genesis model 2 AV cables.

Q) Is this the same thing as Jody Hicks' (Judas-Prime) Jag AV adapters?
A) Nope - same concept, different execution! This is a ground up solution I've developed. If you already own Jody's adapter, there's probably no reason to buy this if his performs how you want it to. I'm sure I don't need to tell you guys how awesome of a dude Jody is. But he openly endorsed Helder's and my JAG2SNES adapter via Twitter, which he didn't have to do. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Doomy Doomer said:

Hey All! In a few weeks I'll be releasing my JAG2GEN Jaguar AV adapter. This adapter allows you to connect Sega Genesis (Model 2) AV cables to your Atari Jaguar. This provides a more common and readily available solution for connecting your Atari Jaguar to an SDTV or HDTV. The JAG2GEN works great with HD Retrovision cables (Genesis Model 2) and works even better with HD Retrovision cables connected to a scan converter like OSSC. 

I've created a sign up list for anyone interest:
https://www.humblebazooka.com/product/jag2gen-jaguar-av-to-genesis-cables/

jag2gen_01.jpg

(pre-production shell subject to change upon release)

Features:

• Supports Genesis Model 2 AV cabes
  • Supports HD Retrovision cables
  • Allows you to use an OSSC or RetroTink to upscale for better video quality
  • Properly attenuated sync
  • Custom designed and professionally assembled PCB
  • Custom designed 3D printed shell

FAQ:

Q) What is the JAG2GEN?
A) The JAG2GEN is an adapter that simply converts your Jaguar’s AV signal to that of a Genesis model 2 AV cable.

Q) Will it make my picture quality look better
A) Not by itself but the JAG2GEN captures your Jaguar’s RGB signals allowing a scan converter to make your Jaguar games look amazing.

Q) Why not straight to HDMI?
A) Converting and upscaling 240p signal from RGB requires a lot of development time in hardware and software, requiring hardware that would inflate the cost of this adapter to the end user. I wanted to develop something simple that anyone can afford and use.

Q) Is this the same thing as Helder's "JAG2SNES" adapter?

A) It's very similar and uses a similar circuit and components. The JAG2SNES was actually my idea I pitched to Helder who then made the PCBs. I designed the shell, did all the R&D testing, and we eventually got the adapter to market. I've learned from that experience and decided to make my own adapter and offer an option for people with Genesis model 2 AV cables.

Q) Is this the same thing as Jody Hicks' (Judas-Prime) Jag AV adapters?
A) Nope - same concept, different execution! This is a ground up solution I've developed. If you already own Jody's adapter, there's probably no reason to buy this if his performs how you want it to. I'm sure I don't need to tell you guys how awesome of a dude Jody is. But he openly endorsed Helder's and my JAG2SNES adapter via Twitter, which he didn't have to do. 

I fully endorse this new adapter and its lower price point! I am retired from making 2jag adapters, so if you are on the fence about picking one of these up, dont be! I bought one and they are well made and the 3d print shell (which I normally despise) is very nice!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a question on this item. I have a Hyperkin Genesis adapter that seems to upscale the Genesis to 720p. I don;t know what the max initial output of the Genesis it, but it looks gorgeous on my LCD TV with the Hyperkin Genesis 2 HDMI Adapter. 

If I buy the Jag 2 Gen adapter and then use the Hyperkin with it, would that be converting the Jaguar to 720p like it does for the genesis? Im trying to make sure buying this wont just make it so I can use Genesis cables since I already have perfectly fine working Jaguar AV cables, but am hoping to have it output to HDMI and look a bit nicer. 

• 2 months later...

I'm currently running a SCART cable from Retrogaming Cables UK to my Retrotink 5x.  It looks great but I want to switch to component so that I don't have a mix of SCART and component retro consoles, and for my PS2 and my rgb modded 3DO I use component.  Question: does the image from a JAG2GEN --> HD Retrovision Component --> Retrotink 5x look the same as Retrogaming Cables UK SCART Cable --> Retrotink 5x ??

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/21/2021 at 11:10 AM, MikeA said:

I'm currently running a SCART cable from Retrogaming Cables UK to my Retrotink 5x.  It looks great but I want to switch to component so that I don't have a mix of SCART and component retro consoles, and for my PS2 and my rgb modded 3DO I use component.  Question: does the image from a JAG2GEN --> HD Retrovision Component --> Retrotink 5x look the same as Retrogaming Cables UK SCART Cable --> Retrotink 5x ??

Sorry just saw this! Yes, it should look just as great through the HDR cables via RetroTink 5x. This is how I use my Jag when it's not connected to my OSSC. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...