IGNORED

Possible problem in near future

Today I decided to buy new 32 GB SD card, mostly for SW development - for iTOS, what can handle up to 30 max 1 GB partitions - and that pretty well fills usual 32 GB card, because real capacity is usually 5-10 % less. And expected to not pay more than 15 Euros. Was in 2 shops, and in both offered me, after I said that want not fast SD card, rather cheaper - so offered same Kingston card, with printed 100 MB/s - that should be 100 Mega  bytes (lower case b is for bit). And yes, card is surely faster than 100 Mbit/sec - in my USB reader. Bought one without adapter for regular sized SD devices, like UltraSatan because have 2 of them, and that was under 12 Euros (note, Hungary is not place where prices are much good for customers).  Wondering how fast are other cards, when this is slowest ?

So, it appeared that UltraSatan just can not work with this card - I write this as warning for potential buyers. Exact marking is: SDCS2/32GBSP .

Good that I did not buy normal sized card - just  took out from camera older 32 GB micro SD what worked with UltraSatan - 32 GB Micro SD HC I  Taiwan - don't see brand on card, and don't remember - huh, my first case that brand one is not so good as non-brand - well, just because in this case slower is what is good ? And new card works fine in couple years old camera. Problem solved. But what will be couple years from now ? Maybe need to redesign UltraSatan and other SD card using  adapters ? It's all happened already (quote from BSG) with CF cards .

To add, very similar 64 GB card, Kingston, micro SD, what bough last summer works with UltraSatan.

• Like 1