IGNORED

Season 11 ~ Week 11 and 12 ~ A Trip to the Jungle!

Vocelli

Pitfall 2-193083

No lie, I'm pretty much only playing this game, and kinda "a lot".

Prolly could use to improve my other scores, competition-wise, but I've got my own sub-competition going on "against" Activision games themselves, lol, and pretty determined to keep at trying for perfect.

New TV, woo-hoo!

It looks pretty OK I guess, my pics will be a little better now, but I'm not in love with it, tbh-I just have a hard time playing older games on newer televisions, it almost feels like EMU, which I don't prefer-oddly, recently got a hot-rodded Colecovision, RBG output, etc, etc(I use A/V. Look up the price of that RGB cable, lol. Nope.), and I love it, but I think that's 'cause I never saw one in action, in the wild, so it's "new" to me.

Anyway.

Just can't seem to get away from the damned birds.

Repeating a story many of my Friends know, we have a Chicken War going on in my neighborhood, relatively civilized area, stupid birds get me up by 7am every day.

Well, now we have a Mommy bird of some sort, and baby chicks, nest is right outside of our bedroom window, and 7am has now turned into 6am, haha!

So, when I was bitching to Wife about my specific problem on the Pitfall(She, lol, she said, "Well, you can't expect perfect", I said, "You really don't know who you are talking to, do you?".  :P ), and she laughed about the continual "problems" I seem to be having with birds in general, I hadn't really thought about it, but ya, haha, I get it.

Wasn't I gonna have to fall out this season, my arm...?

Ha, I'm on gabapentin until they figure out what's wrong, and frankly I can barely even feel my arm, so that's good, but as you can see, I'm pretty sure it makes me a little whacky(a little more whacky, prolly more appropriate...).

I'll get. 

I hope.

2600Pitfall2193083.png

Edited by Rogerpoco
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Pitfall 2...again. 196781

I just can't catch a friggin break, this one was SOOO close.

This game is an example of something I've said for a long time, knowing exactly how to do something(in this case, I DO), and actually doing it aren't always the same thing.

I'll get it. Surely to God I'll get it, sheesh.

2600Pitfall2196781.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rogerpoco said:

So, when I was bitching to Wife about my specific problem on the Pitfall(She, lol, she said, "Well, you can't expect perfect"

HAHAHA. My fiancée replied to me with, "I think you're perfect." Hahaha awww lol.

15 minutes ago, Rogerpoco said:

This game is an example of something I've said for a long time, knowing exactly how to do something(in this case, I DO), and actually doing it aren't always the same thing.

?  I find that most of my mistakes were dumb and rushed. Other times, I use the death as a chance to practice a section again and again before the next playthrough.

I've also been listening to music while playing- 1) it cuts down on me hearing the same damn tune over and over again (now it's in my head haha). 2) it helps pass the time, in that I don't feel like I've been playing long and the game feels shorter. Seeing it as a series of checkpoints helps me feel accomplished too.

This game has totally taken over my video gaming lately for sure. Can't do too much at one time tho b/c then I just get sloppy.

• Like 4

Pitfall 2-198,300

Oh, FFS!!!

Not sure one could even GET closer to perfect now, so surely this is my last improvement, hoping for the perfect.

I try to maintain concentration, but my mind really wanders during the first section, I have it so "down pat", so it takes 5 minutes to get to "the hard part", and sometimes I have trouble "trying" at that point, is stupid.

2600Pitfall2198300.png

• Like 3

9 hours ago, agb said:

Never played any of these three before. First two are good games. Scores will improve. 

39EB180F-4691-47CE-870B-2CCEB577099A.jpeg

79C44FCA-F221-4F58-9576-B316F48577E0.jpeg

Wrong Pitfall, Brother!

I wouldn't call any of these "Favorites"(PF2 is really good...), but 2/3 are rock solid.

Then there's Congo Bongo...

Ah, I guess I'd say PF two is a tad more fun than one, but you'll really need a map, at first.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, 5x7 said:

Any tips for getting under the condors? I desperately want a hack where Harry can duck

Haha!

Well, I "kinda" have them almost down, from advice from my Friends. I'm pretty "safe" from them now.

Oddly-the bats were a breeze before, but now that I am comfortable on the chickens(sorry, condors), the bats are kicking my butt.

Anyway.

You kinda have to get a feel for which ones work for you-back in and out of the screen until one comes out at an angle where you can almost get to it head on before the middle, then charge at it-when you get close, run away a second, then double back when it's at it's peak.

Is hard to explain, I guess, but you'll get the feel for it.

The very first two(well, not counting the one at the start)gave me the most trouble, tbh.

Yeah, is scary, but "attack" them, charge and run at the last second, turn and burn when it's safe.

One of the hardest things to do, several times successively, in any game I have played, and that's a LOT, definitely a good challenge.

• Like 3

OK. It's finally over.

Pitfall 2-199,000

Was gonna go with a simple, "'Nuff said", but damn...

Simply beating this game AT ALL(I didn't realize it was so "easy" to beat the game)(It's HARD, but the cross-continue thingie and all, eventually you can get it), to earn the patch was beyond my radar, let alone a Perfect Game, I can't believe I get to check this one off my checklist.

Unfortunately...

I've kinda bagged on the INT HSC this week, might not even sub scores(playing for fun here and there, but I'm more competitive here), and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna hook up the 5200 to..."just see"(I have a boxed copy of the 5200 version...).

Big Thanks to Zilch-for the cart firstly, and also for help with the routing-I swear, tho, Man, after a couple run thrus, it's pretty intuitive, I think I can remember this the rest of my life now, w/o reference!!!

I'm so stinking happy. I've really, REALLY played this a lot, no lie, but was determined to get it perfect, knowing I..."might not".

:D

2600Pitfall2199000.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

palms are sweaty, mom's spaghetti

Pitfall II - 199,000

pitfall2-perfect2.thumb.JPG.f4c6493054444b9eafde29c21721d7e5.JPG

Congrats @Rogerpoco! This game definitely consumed our week. I had a quiet competition trying to perfect this before you, but you beat me by just a little. Awesome job dude. 

I have my system running through my vcr for just these occasions- hit record at the end so I can relive my victory dance whenever I want :DDDDD

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

Pitfall II - 199,000

Congrats @Rogerpoco! This game definitely consumed our week. I had a quiet competition trying to perfect this before you, but you beat me by just a little. Awesome job dude. 

I have my system running through my vcr for just these occasions- hit record at the end so I can relive my victory dance whenever I want :DDDDD

Aw, Man-I swear, there are rare accomplishments that put me on a cloud, this definitely being one-

SOOOO Proud you got to join me, make it that much cooler!!!

Man, the minutes don't make a difference, lol, we still grinded on this together, evidently at about the exact same pace!!!

Awesome, Bro, Great Work!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, toiletunes said:

In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight...

20210422_172850.thumb.jpg.b04f47dcc72ca1d7673eee6ea5093b02.jpg

I can finally put Pitfall2 to sleep. 199,000

Sweet, Man!!!

Ok, seriously-HSC or not...

Three people in the same day got to experience the joy of besting this game, more than 30 years after it was released...

IDC what kind of longevity they had hoped for when making this game, but this is tops, no way this would have been expected-Man, glad you got it done!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rogerpoco said:

OK. It's finally over.

Pitfall 2-199,000

Was gonna go with a simple, "'Nuff said", but damn...

Simply beating this game AT ALL(I didn't realize it was so "easy" to beat the game)(It's HARD, but the cross-continue thingie and all, eventually you can get it), to earn the patch was beyond my radar, let alone a Perfect Game, I can't believe I get to check this one off my checklist.

Unfortunately...

I've kinda bagged on the INT HSC this week, might not even sub scores(playing for fun here and there, but I'm more competitive here), and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna hook up the 5200 to..."just see"(I have a boxed copy of the 5200 version...).

Big Thanks to Zilch-for the cart firstly, and also for help with the routing-I swear, tho, Man, after a couple run thrus, it's pretty intuitive, I think I can remember this the rest of my life now, w/o reference!!!

I'm so stinking happy. I've really, REALLY played this a lot, no lie, but was determined to get it perfect, knowing I..."might not".

:D

2600Pitfall2199000.png

6 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Pitfall II - 199,000

5 hours ago, toiletunes said:

In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight...

20210422_172850.thumb.jpg.b04f47dcc72ca1d7673eee6ea5093b02.jpg

I can finally put Pitfall2 to sleep. 199,000

Well done Guys!!

Here is your Patch!!

CE629B7B-3B80-4DFD-B538-1C52A7D37975.thumb.jpeg.8480d6613f2733b0fe7a673deac42b81.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

EDIT: 327,220 on Bongo.  God help me, I keep wanting to come back to that one.  There's a hypnotic, if oppressively repetitive, rhythm to it.

Improvements on Bongo: 263,450, and Hunt: 51,110.  Damn, you guys are really demonstrating that 80/20 rule on PII, huh?  Don't know if I can muster up the patience or focus.  Maybe that's why I don't ever roll my own.

IMG_20210423_091539.thumb.jpg.8c0607290380cb40d10fe0ef9b5ad9e5.jpg

IMG_20210423_112029.jpg

Edited by MrTrust
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/22/2021 at 1:00 PM, Rogerpoco said:

Haha!

Well, I "kinda" have them almost down, from advice from my Friends. I'm pretty "safe" from them now.

Oddly-the bats were a breeze before, but now that I am comfortable on the chickens(sorry, condors), the bats are kicking my butt.

Anyway.

You kinda have to get a feel for which ones work for you-back in and out of the screen until one comes out at an angle where you can almost get to it head on before the middle, then charge at it-when you get close, run away a second, then double back when it's at it's peak.

Is hard to explain, I guess, but you'll get the feel for it.

The very first two(well, not counting the one at the start)gave me the most trouble, tbh.

Yeah, is scary, but "attack" them, charge and run at the last second, turn and burn when it's safe.

One of the hardest things to do, several times successively, in any game I have played, and that's a LOT, definitely a good challenge.

Thanks!

• Like 3