IGNORED

Two Button Games?

eegad

Looking for a comprehensive list of ColecoVision games (80s cart releases, not newer homebrews) that you need to use both buttons on. As in, maybe left button fires shots and right button drops bombs. My preference is to use an Atari joystick with ColecoVision. Trying to figure out all games that won't work that way.

Many ColecoVision games require only one fire button, but you need the keypad to select a skill level or to enter some other kind of input during the game, so there are probably only a small handful of ColecoVision games that will work with only an Atari joystick (Antarctic Adventure comes to mind).

9 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

Many ColecoVision games require only one fire button, but you need the keypad to select a skill level or to enter some other kind of input during the game, so there are probably only a small handful of ColecoVision games that will work with only an Atari joystick (Antarctic Adventure comes to mind).

Unless you also have a Champ Adapter ?

• Like 1

Assume needing the keypad to start a game isn't an issue. I have an actual coleco console with atari joystick in port 1 and coleco controller in port 2. I also have a telegames unit with atari joystick plugged in,  and of course it has the keypad built into the console itself. 

So,  which games *while being played* need 2 buttons to play properly? For instance,  I can't play Cosmic Avenger this way,  because you need 2 buttons - one to fire missiles,  the other to drop bombs.  Which other games require both buttons? 

26 minutes ago, eegad said:

Assume needing the keypad to start a game isn't an issue. I have an actual coleco console with atari joystick in port 1 and coleco controller in port 2. I also have a telegames unit with atari joystick plugged in,  and of course it has the keypad built into the console itself. 

So,  which games *while being played* need 2 buttons to play properly? For instance,  I can't play Cosmic Avenger this way,  because you need 2 buttons - one to fire missiles,  the other to drop bombs.  Which other games require both buttons? 

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/225046-colecovision-2-button-games/