Sign in to follow this  
godslabrat

PiePacker - Here We Go Again...

I see Micro Mages. Does Morphcat games know about that "system"? They certainly must have heard of it at least.

Posted (edited)

Well, I got an answer from Nicolas Bétoux (from Morphcat games) and it is an official partnership. Wait'n'see then.

Edited by CatPix

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, godslabrat said:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/piepacker/piepacker-online-multiplayer-for-retro-games

A crowdfunded console that plays retro video games.  Hooo boy....

It's not a console, it's more like Antstream with homebrew games as well, and the idea is to create to some kind of virtual living room to play with your friends online.
It's free but there will be subscription for perks (like early access to new games).

I tried it and it's pretty cool imho.

Edited by roots.genoa

dedicated cartridge reader to play your own games

So is it a console or a streaming service? It looks like the cartridge reader is maybe an optional add-on, but the Kickstarter page doesn't make that clear.

As far as I know, it's a free streaming service that works on a web browser (Edge or Chrome). I was not aware of this cartridge reader, which is indeed kind of intriguing. Since there are already NES, Genesis, and NeoGeo games, I guess they thought they should let people play their own games without encouraging piracy (hence dumping your own cartridges). I just wonder how they will come up with a cartridge reader compatible with several formats... 🤔