IGNORED

A song with POKEY sounds, released today!

Check out my latest offering!

The Atari 600XL (with a 1064) was used for many of the sounds here, as well as the visuals. 

a quiz - which POKEY distortion setting did I mostly use? 

that’s an easy question for you guys I reckon. But can you name the A8 drum sequencer I used in the second verse?

I hope I won’t find myself banned for ruthless self promotion ? I hope you guys instead appreciate my humble efforts for spreading A8 love here in Finland... where tha ATARI 8 bits were pretty much unknown even back in the day as this was Commodore country then!

• Like 18

Thanks! Rannalla istuja means Sitting On The Shore(literally the one sitting on the shore) - I might post a translation when I have one ready. The lyrics are about love, longing and death in a folk ballad style...

But, as far as the guesses are concerned - distortion 6, no - digi drum, no. I think there’s dist. 6 as well (can’t remember what all sounds I dug out and sampled) but most of the ”signature” sounds on that song are from a different dist setting!

12 hours ago, Probabilitydragon said:

Check out my latest offering!

The Atari 600XL (with a 1064) was used for many of the sounds here, as well as the visuals. 

a quiz - which POKEY distortion setting did I mostly use? 

that’s an easy question for you guys I reckon. But can you name the A8 drum sequencer I used in the second verse?

I hope I won’t find myself banned for ruthless self promotion ? I hope you guys instead appreciate my humble efforts for spreading A8 love here in Finland... where tha ATARI 8 bits were pretty much unknown even back in the day as this was Commodore country then!

I'd be very cool if you could share a photo of the Atari 600XL and the 1064 module. I wonder how you made them contribute to the video - a non technical explanation will be very welcome.

Regards,

- Y -

7 hours ago, Yautja said:

I wonder how you made them contribute to the video - a non technical explanation will be very welcome.

As far as the audio is concerned, I sampled POKEY sounds and those MicroRhythm samples. For the video - that could have been stuff for another quiz - I used Colourspace to create patterns on a crt and used them as an overlay on the video. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Yautja said:

I'd be very cool if you could share a photo of the Atari 600XL and the 1064 module.

Here you go. My machine could use some retrobrighting, but the 1064 actually still has the plastic foil on the metal strip - and so does my 1050, too for the record!

Some keyboard issues resurfaced - the [1] key used work intermittently. It then resurrected and worked perfectly, only to die soon later - doesn’t work any more. [BREAK] doesn’t work either. 

82E11E77-83F1-4D0D-A323-5B5B05903B0E.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...